User Tag List

Thread: stacking falling blocks

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stacking falling blocks

A friend asked me to make a small demo of a game where blocks are lined up in a grid formation. And by clikcing on the blocks in the grid, they disappear. When a block is destroyed, the blocks above it need to fall and fill in the space the destroyed block left behind.

Initially, I thought to just simply use vector movement or manually set the movement and stop the movement when a collision with another block is detected. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be working. The blocks tend to detect that they are sitting exactly next to another block, so they don't move at all.

Can anyone offer a clean solution for making the blocks slide down if a gap appears below them? I thought about making a detector, but since these blocks are all duplicates, the detector only seems to work on one block (the last one created).

Thanks in advance,

Mobichan

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: stacking falling blocks

You may want to try Advanced Gameboard Object. It is perfect for bricks and blocks. Also in your case you may also want to spread vavle of your blocks. This gives each a seperate ID.
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the heads up on the Adv Gameboard Object! I think that will make life much easier.

Any idea how to get the "Position Brick to Grid" function working? The examples don't seem to use it and the Help file just says it uses the settings of the object to place an active in a grid. But it doesn't seem to do anything when I run the frame.

Mobichan

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In AGB you have to have the event of positioning bricks on its own line.

Clicker

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It still doesn't seem to work. Maybe I'm not using the Easy Grid Feature -> Position Bricks to Grid properly. I am Importing Actives to Board and then using Position Bricks to Grid. Both of these are "Start of Frame" actions and they are on separate lines.

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you have to add them to the que in an event before positioning them.

Edit: Maybe I am thinking of a different extension