Thread: Key not enabling NEXT button

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Key not enabling NEXT button

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure where to turn as the vendor I bought a product from is not helping me get it installed and is packed using your application. (It works on his of course).

Basically I have downloaded the application a number of times but the key provided does not enable the next button in the installer so I can't complete the installation. They've tested the key on their computers and it works just fine but not on my machine. I'll gladly post screenshots confidentially as I do not wish to give away my keys or make them look bad in a public forum.

Is there anyone available here that may be able to work through the problem with me as I believe there is something wrong in the installer somehow rather than the key itself that we have overlooked.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Alan.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Key not enabling NEXT button

Sadly we can't help with an invalid key.

The key is generated by the company who put together the installer and we do not have any information or knowledge about it.

We only make the installer tool and can't help with the contents inside or the locking codes used by the creator.

Have you rebooted your computer and also when you enter the code make sure you enter a name also.

If I was a customer I would be asking the vendor for more help as its his responsibility to help his customers.

Also -- out of curiosity -- How did you find Clickteam?
    If the vendor is using the evaluation version of Install Creator Pro he is breaking the license and we could email him about that.

The evaluation version of Install Creator Pro shouldn't be used for commercial products and thats about the only place the Clickteam name appears.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the fast reply.

Sadly I have been working through this problem with him and the response has been "it works on ours. We can't help you". I think this response is really because he has not been able to recreate the problem and has no information to offer me. Sadly it prevents me from running a game I paid some good money for.

The clickteam information was displayed in the file after I used a Hex editor to try determine how I could get the data unpacked. I do not believe the developer in this case is doing anything he should not as far as his use of the product goes. I stumbled on the name quite by accident and though I might be able to ask here as he does not have any suggestions for me.

Perhaps he has not asked your team via the support options available to him. I do not know.

I'll gladly offer information confidentially in an effort to troubleshoot but do not suspect foul play at all.

Alan.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Try:
    Reboot -- I have seen installer stick after a couple bad tries

Make sure your entering a name in the field in the installer

Is it a long code with # and the beginning and end or a short code?

"It works on our so we can't help" -- Thats some pretty fine customer support they are providing you. You would think at least they would email in a support question to Clickteam -- Which they may have as I don't get the installer questions.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff,
    I appreciate your efforts. Thank you. I'm fairly computer savvy albeit not developing . This problem has been open for me for some time now with no resolve so have tried the reboot etc. Actually this is a new version of the file he is releasing. The key works great on the old version but not the new one which is probably what the fuss is about in not being able to determine the problem and a solution.

The code is in the format: xxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx

It's a straight up alphanumeric key.

I could provide details of the company in a private email.

Alan.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Very odd.

If you wanted me to try the installer or look at the code generated I would - You can email me at jvance@clickteam.com

Anything your communicate to me on the issue would just be used to try to figure out the problem.

Curiosity -- If you go to another computer (maybe a friends or ?) does the key provided by them light up the next button or do you still have the same problem. I guess what my goal is -- To get someone besides the company you bought it from to say it works.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff,
    I will email you directly.
    Please accept my thanks on trying to help. It is not often one sees folks standing behind their products like you are doing especially when it goes beyond the scope of the day to day items that the developing community may use these forums for.

Kudos.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The problem does seem quite peculiar. I've never heard of anyone other cases where a genuine key which has not been blocked does not work - especially if the installer was made with the latest build of Install Creator. Good luck with your attempt at getting to the bottom of it - maybe they could just give you another key and you could see if that works.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Alan does have Vista 64 bit -- I wonder if there could be some obscure bug that blocks it for him? I am hoping he is finding another computer that he can test the installer on just to see if it unlocks on that.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff and myself have spoken and he is trying to help me.
    I've tried on both 32 and 64 bit Vista with the same fail result. It did work on windows XP though. I've sent Jeff a detailed description of how I tested along with a screenshot of the result. I'm very curious to finding what causes this myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast