User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SQLite 3 Database Editor

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SQLite 3 Database Editor

I know many people tend to forget about other sections in this forum at times so I wanted to let everyone know that if you have a need for a sqlite 3 database editor that can be used to create DBs for web sites and such you can find a version of our newest release... MMFDBE located here...

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=104063#Post1040 63

Hope I don't get in trouble for posting this here, is this wrong to do? :whistle:

Thanks,
    K

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SQLite 3 Database Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera
    is this wrong to do?
    Yes, you already posted it in another forum, no need to relink back to it. I could see if it was an old thread and someone needed help with an SQLite 3 Database Editor, but you basically did it simultaneously. And people do not "tend to forget about other sections in this forum" because the File Archive is a very active forum as well, so that doesn't really justify it. And have you ever seen anyone else post something in the File Archive, then make a thread about it in here? It's not rewarding of the death penalty, but I wouldn't do it again. And yes, it is in the wrong forum, this is the support forum. I would think promotion of something you made should go in the Open Topic Community forum.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See, I knew I was messing up! Just trying to help out, sorry! And though I have seen posts with links back I have never paid attention to see if they were done at the same time or not but I would like to thank you for taking the time to let me know.

I would like to apologize as well for projecting my inability to keep up with all the changes in this forums, due to a lack of time, on to other users, I hope nobody got hurt or got anything on them.

As for it being the wrong forum, I didn't ask that question. What I ask, you already answered when you pointed out I should not post an informational post about a new file made available in another part of the forum at which point would even make the Open Topic Community forum an improper place to post about a post you posted somewhere else in the forum, as you pointed out by asking if I had ever seen anyone do that in the past. Never the less, I am grateful for you letting me know that this would be the wrong forum for posting that type of thing.

You will have to forgive me, I have been around for years but don't really know the ins and outs of forum procedures as it seems that every time I try to get in to them someone who thinks they know everything comes along and is just rude enough to prevent me from wanting to participate in the forum. I am hoping that I can give back a bit to this forum as Click Team has done so much for me in keeping MMF a product that is current, flexible and powerful.

The last thing I will leave you with is a bit of advice. When someone makes it very obvious that they may have done something wrong letting them know is obviously the right thing to do but to do so in a condescending manner is not needed nor something anyone in this forum should have to put up with just and is not justified by anything.

Thank you,
    K

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, if that came out in a demeaning tone, that's not how I meant it. But its no problem, repeated misuse would be, but I wouldn't worry about this. And I thought you were asking if it was in the correct forum when you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimera
    Hope I don't get in trouble for posting this here
    So sorry for any misunderstanding, and good job on the Database editor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Worries and thanks Brandon, that means a lot to me coming from you! I don't get it right often, whatever it is, when it comes to dealing with people when I am not face to face. Something always seems to go wrong. I think it's the lack of emotion of the web.

If only we could get mood computers that, when in chat, would change the color of the persons computer case based on your mood. hehe. OK a bit much I know.

Later,
    K

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Actually, that call is really up to the Admins/Mods of the forum.

Normally we do not allow cross-posting, or mis-posting, so that would be the correct assumption.

As far as I am concerned, the work that Kimera is doing has a potentially strong impact on professional use of MMF2. That's always good!

So, all is good and we can let this thread stand as a special case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Novabrain.

I will keep working on it and I will keep you posted.

Much luv!
    K

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, very professional and the user interface is well done. Congratulations.

Sugestions:

- On screen resolutions under 1024x768 some portions of the window are cropped and the buttons can't be seen.

- How about returning the error message if existent when the user runs an SQL statement?

This is looking very good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

byo you snuck in on me bud. I have been looking out for you to say thanks for the object, it's great. In fact I wrote and posted a new widget that uses a SQLite 3 DB to hold a list of menu configurations. It uses the Icon View object and a button object to create an Outlook style menu where the buttons move from top to bottom based on the button you clicked on. It was so cool to be able to just send one SQL statement and restart the app and get a different menu. I needed one for the MMFDBE so I made it a widget. Right now it only does Vertical menus but Horisontal is comming I just want to get all this worked out first and there is along list of things I want to do, including the two you just gave me. hehe

Could you send me a screen shot to show me what you are talking about with the buttons. The screen res is the size it is since my new laptop is some messed up res and I have to hide my Task bar to see the bottom of the app. Adding full functionality for scalling is on the list. Though I thought the MMFDBE was running better than it is, it can still be used if you want to put up with the Table Creation issue. It still needs some time put in to it to make it somehting I feel would be worthy of a "release" but it currently works for my needs and you can bet I will keep working on it.

I would like to know why the 2 sql objects. Server/SQLite 3 Was this because you don't have full SQL functionality in SQLite or is there something else I am missing?

Also if I didn't tell you THANKS FOR THE EXTENTION!

U Da Man!
    K

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments, Kimera.
    Today I was showing your application to a bunch of my workmates and they thought it was cool.

I would like to know why the 2 sql objects.
    You mean SQL Server and SQLite3? My company works with SQL Server and I think it's a very stable and established technology and I'd like to implement that inside MMF2. I know you can make a workaround using ODBC but some tests of mine (in many machines simultaneously) showed that ODBC is slower than using ADO.

Since every database engine has some distinct functionality my intention was to provide these individual functionalities natively. Database application is somewhat an essential part of most IT companies and have so many applications like hospital, libraries, scientific research, product catalogue, clients, etc.

I'll be watching your projects closely.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast