User Tag List

Thread: If I purchase now do I get a free upgrade?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I purchase now do I get a free upgrade?

Given that there is now beta software available, if I purchase Multimedia Fusion now will I be entitled to an upgrade to the next version (which I assume will included the Hardware acceleration).

Or will I have to pay for the software again when the next version is out? I guess the answer to my question all depends on when you anticipate a new release...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: If I purchase now do I get a free upgrade?

Hey!
    All build updates are free, so if you buy MMF2 now, you don't have to pay for the next build updates. The current build is not in beta, but there are beta builds as well, like the HWA beta. You will not have to pay for HWA when it is out of beta (if not Clickteam goes cruel on us)

It's just when there is a really major upgrade, like MMF3 that you would have to pay. And even then you will get a discount

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's right - updates and the extension packs are free, as are the hardware-accelerated and Java versions that are coming together. I think the next major release is a while off yet, but when it does happen, Clickteam offers discounts for people who already own previous versions of the software.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats great news - thanks very much

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would like to reiterate that Clickteam is developing both the Hardware Acceleration and Java capabilities for our current users without extra charge.

We sincerely want our users to have a great experience with even less limitations and even more power. Of course, major improvements are not commonly "given away" by software companies. This is one of the many factors that distinguishes Clickteam.

Clickteam also includes new features with patches and we have encouraged a very open and generous environment for extensions that remains largely free to all registered users. That means that your license includes a powerful stable of add-ons rather than a major expense after-the-fact. Many serious creation and productivity tools require some expensive investments to get them where you need them to be. That is not the case with MMF2.

Our upgrade path is affordable and rather generous by comparison, as well. What really helps keep the product going forward is users who invest in a license and reap the benefits of regular patches and great extensions along the way, as well as positive word-of-mouth. That helps keep MMF2 moving forward, assures a new major version in the future, and can even fuel more extensions.

We hope that users will always keep this in mind and in return, relate that fact to others when referring to the company or its products. We would really appreciate that here at CT.