Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bad Object...

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad Object...

So I've been working on this engine for 60+ hours...Everything is working great, I have never worked on anything this complex in my life and I was really looking forward to finishing it. So I save the engine, close MMF and come back to it later and my main character (over 200Frames in animation and about 400 Events) is apparently a "Bad Object" for no reason. As I recall my settings for back-up file is on 1, so should I have a back-up somewhere? If not then I am throwing MMF in the trash and wishing I could get a refund. This is ridiculous, pleeeease tell me there is someway to fix this.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Bad Object...

We are sorry to hear about your problem.

Bad objects have been very difficult to track down and Yves has been requesting that users who encounter them KEEP the file that has the problem, and if possible get that file to us. So for now, I am suggesting that you do not delete the file in question.

We may not be able to fix your file, but anybody who has a "bad object" would be helping us patch this problem if we can find it and resolve it.

Wait for Yves to check in as he would be the one to investigate the file.

Also, are you using the latest build of MMF2?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The backup file will be in the same directory where you save your regular MMF file, but will have a .001 extension after it.

Program glitches fall under the "Sh*t Happens" clause, and is certainly not a reason to want to throw MMF in the trash.

I've had far worse happen to me, and because of random things like this I've made it common practice to constantly save with sequential numbers every time I save (Ex. Tz01, Tz02, Tz03 etc)and backup said files to a Flash drive just in case.

When you lose an entire year's work like I did, you learn to take every possible precaution to protect your important projects so the same mistake never happens twice.

Not only that, it serves as a great reference when you can go back months or so to see where you were at at that point in time and see if something worked better then than now.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, speak of the devil, I just got a bad object too. I was working on something and the new condition button became unresponsive. Then the events turned into bad object and it all crashed. So I dont have a save of it. Bleh.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

camelman and aeroshock, what build of MMF2 do you use please?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's a "bad object"?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just to remind you. In the preferences, General tab, you have a setting about how many backups you want to do. Autobackup feature. SET IT TO 10 WHEN YOU ARE WORKING ON A SERIOUS PROJECT!
    It is all automatic, and can save your life!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite
    What's a "bad object"?
    Basically a standard object is turned into a bad object when it refers to something broken or illogical. Nobody's really sure why and how it happens, but it does.
    Bad Objects won't work like they used to before, and if you have multiple bad objects, they'll all be merged into one.
    There's no appearent way of fixing a bad object instead of going back in time, ie backups.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yves
    camelman and aeroshock, what build of MMF2 do you use please?
    I am using build R248.

omg! I just found the backup file for my latest save of the engine. Normally I use the "previously opened files" under File so I never saw it. So what should I do with it to prevent getting a bad object? The bad object occured only after I put in a specific group of events (that was relative to main character) , should I just delete those and then the object?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you can reproduce the problem, could you send us your file with the instructions?

Someone else sent us an example file, we'll try to fix it in the next build, but that might be a different reason (as we already have fixed 2 or 3 bugs that were causing bad object problems in previous builds).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast