User Tag List

Thread: Simple Menu Multi-Widget (Semi)

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple Menu Multi-Widget (Semi)

I say Semi-Widget because this Widget uses two Active Objects, BUT both objects are extremely necessary. You'll see why.

This Widget provides a basic menu system that can be used in any type of application or game. It allows you to quickly implement a menu system. Not only is it simple, its multi-functional!

Here are the kinds of menus you can create:
    - A simple one-dimensional menu, navigated with the Arrow keys.
    - A complex 2D menu, navigated by Arrow keys.
    - A menu going horizontally, vertically, diagonally, or any kind of order you choose.
    - Menu paging and bottom-to-top looping.
    - A simple menu, where items are selected by mouse-click.

In the application seven examples are provided. Go to the last frame (the custom one) to get an idea of its level of customization.

You can add more items to the list by simply duplicating (or creating at runtime) more of the "Item" actives. The order at which you create them in is important, because of how the spread value works.

And you can create multiple menus functioning at the same time by cloning the objects (for example, if a game is 2-player, and both players need unique menus).

***Oh yeah, and just to let you know, press TAB and BACKSPACE to navigate to the next and previous frame. Also, in the examples click on the buttons or toggle the check boxes when ever you can. It will help in understanding how it works.

I'm new to the widget thing, so tell me what you think. If you use my widget, just credit me as "James O." I don't care about permission, but I wouldn't mind seeing how you used it.
    Attached files Attached files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Simple Menu Multi-Widget (Semi)

cool!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Simple Menu Multi-Widget (Semi)

If you liked this, I'll be releasing Custom Menus v2 soon. Its a little more tidy, and has a repeating function when a key is held down.

I don't have access to the computer with the files on it now, but I'll upload it here soon.