Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Multi-Widget] Klik3D

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Multi-Widget] Klik3D

Klik3D is a small collection of widgets that bring some 3d capabilities to MMF2. This is a VERY early (beta) version but simple 3d games are possible.

Here is a list of the Widgets:

- Klik3D - (.net Script Object)
    This is the "base" object, it does all the 3d drawing stuff and is needed by the other objects.

- Cube Primitive - (Active Object)
    Drop this into the frame to have the Klik3D object draw a cube at that position.

- Texture - (Overlay Object)
    The image of this object will be loaded into texture memory. Make sure each texture has a unique texture slot id (you can change it under the Alterable Values tab)!

- Camera - (Active Object)
    A player controled camera, you can change the movement in the object's Movement behaviour.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for future versions don't be afraid to share them, I'd like to know what you people would find useful!

Requirements:
    The files Tao.OpenGl.dll and Tao.Platform.Windows.dll must be in the same directory as your game!
    .net Script Object
    Overlay Object

(Oh, and please pardon the uncommented mess that is my C# code...)
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Multi-Widget] Klik3D

Okay so I tried it, and it doesn't work.
    Yes I have the .net script, the overlay and the two dlls in my application folder. And yes I also tried with HWA and it didn't work. I even tried putting the dlls in my system32 folder and it still didn't work.

The problem is I see the little minimap thing, but there's no actual 3d view.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird, are you sure you have the latest build of the .net scipt object?

Edit: I just tried it on a different computer and as you said, it does not show the 3D view. I'm gonna look into it.

Edit:: Ok, I found a solution, it works if you have the The Tao Framework installed. This was rather unfortunate, I'll try to find another way to fix this so no one needs to install anything.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solution!
    Put the two dll's in your mmf2/data/runtime folder aswell, that should do it! And also be sure that you do NOT compress the runtime when you build your application or the application exe won't work!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Following what you said last, I still can't view the app properly.

Edit: I placed the .dll's under MMF's HWA runtime folder and suddenly it worked.

I'm completely amazed. There's so much you can do with this! I would even go far enough as to say you can build a somewhat believable PS1-ish environment with a proper level editor. Congrats, truly!
    If possible,
    1) Add the option to change the texture source to an active object. It'd be lovely if the textures could be animated.
    2) Add a help file, for I don't entirely understand the "spread" alterable value.
    3) When I resize the texture, it runs terribly slow. If I fiddle around with the "spread" and "scale" values, sometimes things get fixed.
    4) Could you add a Scale X, Scale Y and Scale Z to the properties? This, to make flat or rectangular shapes. Although you could get away with doing rectangular shapes just by using transparencies, it'd be cleaner and (I suppose?) less resource-expensive. Or, instead, add the option of just rendering 1 face of the cube? Like a plane?
    5) Could you also add the option for a wall to always look at the camera? Suppose I want to add an object, like a tree, and I need for it to always be facing us. The reason I ask this is because, if needed, objects intersect walls in 3d space.
    6) Can actives be rendered in front of the 3d projection? I tried using layers, but it wouldn't work. If this can't be done, it's missing the point, wouldn't you say?
    7) If I wanted to distribute an .exe, would the users need to install the dotNet framework?
    8) Apart from building a cube out of 6 different objects to achieve different textures on each side (assuming you add the option to scale the Z size), is there an easier way of accomplishing this?

I'm terrbily excited!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I'm glad somebody got this working!

1) The .net Script object only allows you to import image data from Overlays, I'll try to work out a good way to do animated textures (not in the next release though.)

2) The "Spread" alterable value is only used for looping through each individual Cube object. I'll work on documentation for the next release.

3) Are you resizing it at runtime? I think some grafics cards wants (needs?) the texture width and height to be a power of two (32, 64, 128, 256, etc...) pixels.

4) Will be in the next release!

5) 3D sprites always facing the camera will be in the next release!

6) I haven't found a way to do that, might not even be possible. In worst case scenario I'll implent a 2d layer in the 3d drawing engine.

7) Yes, that's a drawback of using the .net Script object.

8) Multitexture Cube coming in the next release!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to do as Alonso did, but it's still not working for me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good =).
    3) No, I'm not resizing at runtime, just in the frame editor. I'm using a macbook pro's boot camp running windows XP sp2. Perhaps it's what you say about the card. I shall perhaps look into it further to determine what happens.
    6) Any solution would do. Otherwise, how could you create a HUD, along with special effects etc.?

MechaBowser, place your .dll's on the normal runtime folder and the hwa runtime folder ("data/runtime/hwa" and "data/runtime/"). I don't know why this worked for me, but afterwards I can confirm it works just by placing them under your normal runtime folder. Try fiddling around a little, maybe?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you post a few pics of this object "in action"?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure thing, here is a screenshot from the example and a sneak preview of some of the stuff in the next release!

Little maze example.jpg
    Klik3D b02 sneak preview.jpg

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast