[size:14pt]Mr. A - Association widget for MMF2.[/size]
This is an entry for Clickteam's Wild Widget Contest.
Hi! I'm Mr. A and I will help you to make your applications more professional.
If you put me into your application, it will be able to associate a certain file extension.
You can also save and load files easier than before.
I have six tasks:
1. Associate a certain file extension to the application at the start of the frame.
2. Get the path of the file if it has been executed and add this file to the list of the recent documents.
3. Get the path of the file if it has been dropped and add this file to the list of the recent documents.
4. Prepare the file selector at the start of the frame (set extension filter).
5. Open save file selector when user says "save" and say "saved" when the file has been selected.
6. Open load file selector when user says "load" and say "loaded" when the file has been selected.
I also have three Alterable Strings:
1. Extension: type here the file extension that will be associated (for example .txt or .jpg)
2. Type: this is the type of the association (for example read or edit). This will appear if you click on the file with the right mouse button
3. File path: you don't have to edit this string. You can get its value if a file has been dropped or a file has been executed.
I also have an Alterable Value (Task process) but you don't have to change it. I use it during file processes only.
Mr. A (mfa file)
Mr. A example (mfa file)
Mr. A example (exe file)
Note: The association will work correctly when you try the stand-alone application! (So it won't work if you start the application from the editor.)
[size:11pt]You can find Mr. A on his website too![/size]
Created by Simon Czentnar.
This widget is recommended for any application that works with files. It requires the File and the YASO object.
I'm looking forward to reading your comments!