User Tag List

Thread: Using Vitalize.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using Vitalize.

Is there any particular method in using vitalize for the games I make? I mean, as far as uploading files & a page to play it on. Do you need to include/upload the game as .exe, or just the .mfa file. or do you need both .exe and .mfa to make it run with vitalize? And are any other files required to upload to make the game work with vitalize?

Also, does vitalize only work for certain pc's, like windows? or will it work for macs too? I am NOT a mac user, but just wondering for those that do use mac, and want to play a game made with MMF/MMF2 software able to play them online through the vitalize plugin.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Using Vitalize.

In the application properties you'll need to set the 'Build Type' to 'Internet Application'. This will build your program as a .ccn file rather than a .exe file. Then just follow the instructions in this post on how to embed your program in a web page.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitalize is Windows-only. It doesn't even work on Linux. However, there's a new feature currently in beta which will let you choose Java as the build type. The Java plugin runs on nearly everything.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows only? Well, that sucks. A lot of game programming software seems to be Windows only. Game Maker, MMF2 (or any other click team products), Mugen fighting game engine, RPGMaker, and Fighter Maker (same guys that made RPGMaker). There's no hope for mac users, other than internet flash games?

Well in any case, about the java build type. Someone told me, while it is a beta, I should not use it for any serious, or major game projects. That is to say, which is practically what I'm doing.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is certainly hope. I even recall hearing that clickteam is thinking about making mac build of MMF. (need confirmation?). Of course that would be years from now. Anyway, I used to be bummed about vitalize being windows-only, but just take advantage of what you CAN do with it and be very very happy.