Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Platform Widget - Contest Entry

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Platform Widget - Contest Entry

My fix was to make it easier to use. It is more difficult from a developing perspective, but for someone who just grabs the widget and wants it to work, well, the only values that you can edit without clicking 'New' are the ones that appear the moment you click over to the apt menu in the properties. The values you edit remain named. This was intended to make it a bit more user-friendly.

Attached I have put a new version with the events named. Although not my intention at the start, this might be even better than my original plan. The values not to be edited remain at the bottom.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The original version says that its file size is 0 bytes. Does anyone have the original file, or is Jacob's latest version a good modification?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nifflas Platform Widget

Here you go

Marv
    Attached files Attached files
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Which version do you prefer, by the way? Nifflas' version or Jacob's version?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    Thanks! Which version do you prefer, by the way? Nifflas' version or Jacob's version?
    Trying to get me in trouble happygreenfrog? Oh wait...I can do that on my own. I really think that would be a user's preference, with my say so meaning very little. I prefer Jacob's mod, as I seem to be able to understand it better.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're going with mine, use the second one I posted. Nifflas was absolutely right about the first one, and it was a bad idea. The only thing I really changed was rearranging the alterable values so that the ones you can play with to alter the physics starts at A and works its way down and the ones that the engine handles behind the scenes start at Z and work their way up. That's the way I code all my engines, and it keeps things nice and organised.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    If you're going with mine, use the second one I posted. Nifflas was absolutely right about the first one, and it was a bad idea. The only thing I really changed was rearranging the alterable values so that the ones you can play with to alter the physics starts at A and works its way down and the ones that the engine handles behind the scenes start at Z and work their way up. That's the way I code all my engines, and it keeps things nice and organised.
    Okay. I remember downloading the second one you uploaded, so I think I have the right version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the one with all 26 alterable values visible in the properties list and named appropriately.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that's the one I have.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest update (257.22) completely breaks this widget (Nifflas' version). Take a look, it completely destroys it, both keys move the character right (sometimes at intense speeds) and the jump is broken. It seems like something has gone very wrong with negative decimals in the newest update... I've reported the bug but you guys might be able to help spot exactly what has changed to cause the issue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast