User Tag List

Thread: Transitions don't work on some computers?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transitions don't work on some computers?

I've been testing the game I'm working on on several computers (about 20 of them) of varying age. They've all worked identically for the most part, but one single computer is giving me a problem. It's not a particularly special computer-- in fact it's almost of an identical configuration to the one I develop on (Athlon 64, 2GB RAM, Windows XP Media Center 2005)

When the game is run, none of the frame or object transitions work. The game plows on like they don't exist, which I find very odd. I thought it might be because an old version of MMF2 (several builds old because it's not connected to the net so I never bothered updating) was installed and the transition DLLs from it were conflicting with the game (which was built with build 248), so I updated that MMF2 to 248, and the problem still remains.

On a whim I also tried making a new application in that copy of MMF2 and they didn't work there either...

What's wrong with MMF2 here? Transitions work on every other computer I've tried, whether MMF2 is installed or not.

EDIT: You know, I just thought for a sec and remember there being some kind of problem with more than one MMF version being installed, that their transition DLLs would conflict. This computer has MMF Express (Click 'n Create), MMF 1.5, and MMF2 on it. However, this doesn't make a lot of sense because the computer I develop on has the exact same versions installed and the transitions work.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Transitions don't work on some computers?

dunno lol

Firecodemonkey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the transitions are treated like extensions - they're included with the built game, so it shouldn't matter where you run it.

Actually, are you testing the built game on the problem computer, or running it from MMF?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use the built game to test on the problem computer, and in fact all computers I test on. And this computer's the only one transitions don't work on.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmm... I don't see at all what may happen...

Usually when the transition DLL can't be loaded the application displays a message, so the transition DLL is probably correctly loaded.

A possible reason would be a timer issue on this machine, the application would think the transition is completed before running it, but that would be weird. Otherwise I've no idea.