User Tag List

Thread: Can't remove a layer!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't remove a layer!

One of my layers has become redundant (Layer 1), so I need to remove it.
    When I try to delete it, a window comes up saying there are objects created on this layer in the event editor and I can see them by using 'Show Created Items'.

Okay, well this is rubbish 'cause there's NOTHING being created on that layer. I made the other layers invisible then switched on 'Show Created Items' to see about 10 different objects which are definately NOT created on that layer. The objects shown there are objects which have been created relative to an object not on Layer 1, so why does it think they're being created there??
    There are plenty of other objects created in exactly the same way, yet it doesn't think they are created on layer 1. How confusing!

Any ideas? I need to erase this evil layer!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Can't remove a layer!

Can you upload an example file?

Thanks

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really 'cause it's a massive project and it's hundreds of mbs. I was just wondering if this was a common problem and if there was any known solution? It's definately happened to me before.

I should also mention that one of the objects shown in 'Show Created Items' isn't even created at all O_O It's an object thats on the screen at the start.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ive not heard any problems with layers... I dont use layers much myself though.

I know its a pain, but could if you could strip it down to a small file where it still has a problem that would be useful.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I stripped it down, I'm not sure if the problem would even exist anymore : S
    It would be more time efficient for me to reconstruct everything on a new frame with the correct number of layers than to do that I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There are two possible outcomes:

1. You do have something that is using that layer, you just havent found it
    2. Its a bug.

If you are methodical in removing things you should be pretty much make it easy to find where the problem is. Select a set of objects and see if the problem still exists etc.

I know thats a pain, but if it was me I would want to know either way

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure I had the same problem sometime ago. If I remember correctly, I solved it by dragging the items (the ones that appear after clicking Show Created Items) into a layer that I wasn't deleting.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's solved it, Caesar.
    Thanks so much, you're a genius!!