User Tag List

Thread: Getting Characters to RUN

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting Characters to RUN

I noticed the running animation when you customize the animations, but i don't know how to get it to work. How do you get a character to run, using their running animation. How do you keep them from going at this speed when simply walking.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Getting Characters to RUN

The active object editor doesn't project what the running animations (or others) will be like, it just provides a way to organize the many animations that would go with an object. The "running" tag is just a suggested, already-there animation set name for if you'll use that animation, so you don't have to create a tag yourself. You have to put in frames for the different animations separately, much like making the walking animation.

I you were to want your character to run, using the different animation and speed, you would set the animation to "running" in the event editor under that object given the conditions. There are also different directions for the animations, so setting the direction sets the animation to that direction. For the speed, you would just set the velocity differently; speed of movement has nothing to do with the animation itself, only the speed of the animation. The animation speed may be changed under the "direction options" tab in the active object editor.

I hope this helps.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Getting Characters to RUN

I'm pretty sure if the objects speed is => than 75 then it will play the run animation. You could just make a "running value" and increase/decrease it with certain conditions. If that value is greater than a given number: play running animation.