User Tag List

Thread: making a turn based game

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

making a turn based game

well i been constantly making platform movment games trying to learn more about mmf2 and i am curius to figure out how to make a turn based game like...

you go first then u can move up to 1 tile and then a computer goes and only can move 1 space...

and the last thing i was wondering how i could make them automaticly attack if the humen player collides with teh computer then the humen player attacks...

if this is all possible or if u can make a guide i would greatly appreciate it.

sorry about my spelling

what i was thinking about doing was final fantasy tactics sorta game only without the options to attack or maybe with not sure if i know how to though

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: making a turn based game

I advice having two big groups of events - one for the player and one for the computer. Have one disabled - once the group has led to a move (e.g. the player presses a key / clicks, or if the computer made a move) then disable that group and enable the other one. This way you have turns.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know i am sounding like a noob but i never did anything with a computer all i have done was stuff with path movments and 8 direction and platform i don't know how to make the computer do its thing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi Dray

Not that it will help you right now, but my new book is all about how to create a turn based wargame using MMF2, its out in March.

http://www.amazon.com/Going-War-Creating-Computer-Wargames/dp/1598635662/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231667376&sr=1-7

That was using a number of things, but also using the "Wargame Map" object, this was one of the free Christmas presents that CT gave away over Christmas. So if you own MMF2 you can download it (it will be under the news section) and will be under a heading of Christmas (or something like that).

thanks

Jason

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. Maybe you should first try something easier - for example a two player "hot seat" turn based game. Where instead of the computer a second player is playing.

It's really not that easy to create a computer controlled opponent (at least a halfway good one).

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Random
    Hm. Maybe you should first try something easier - for example a two player "hot seat" turn based game. Where instead of the computer a second player is playing.
    ok i could try that but i still not sure of how to make a turn based game were each player would move 1 space at a time and then the next player would go

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dray
    i am curius to figure out how to make a turn based game like...
    Maybe you should try something even easier, or do some "research"/experimentation.

Play around with enabling and disabling groups and what you can achieve with that.