User Tag List

Thread: Window Control: problem or bug on resizing?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window Control: problem or bug on resizing?

Hi, I use the window control object often to adjust window size of my applications. I have noticed that this object isn't able to resize the width or height of a window to a value higher than the resolution of the screen the application is running into (I don't know if this annoying problem is an object's limitation or a Windows one). However this is not the big problem I'm facing right now: currently I'm creating an app that will run on a rotating screen (using nvidia's driver). The problem is that the resize limitation is set when the application starts, it does not consider actual screen resolution. So, if I start my app when the screen is 1024x768 the width limitation is 1024 and the height one is 768. But when I rotate my screen, making it 768x1024 the previous limitation is kept: even if the screen height is now 1024 I can resize my window only up to 768, the value when the app started running.

Is this a bug of this object or a Windows limitation? For many times I found this resize limitation very frustrating (like while doing apps for two or three monitors), and if it could be overcomed it would be very nice!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Window Control: problem or bug on resizing?

Just adding: I tried to use the Window Life Object since it has the action "set maximum window size" but nothing hapens and my limitations keep the same...

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

this object isn't able to resize the width or height of a window to a value higher than the resolution of the screen the application is running into (I don't know if this annoying problem is an object's limitation or a Windows one)
    This is a limitation of the MMF2 runtime. The maximum window size is limited to the screen size as in DirectX mode you cannot create a surface larger than the screen (at least on some cards). We could remove this limitation probably in standard graphic mode.

The problem is that the resize limitation is set when the application starts, it does not consider actual screen resolution.
    Yes, it's a known issue and it's not easy to fix in the current version of MMF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see Yves. Well, I'm using the standard graphic mode and the limitation is there... Would be incredibly nice if this could be done.

The way I found to extend the window to more monitors was to use an odd multi-monitors mode that nvidia cards have that consider all of them as a singe monitor (not the standard extended screen mode).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just another "happy" chapter to the story... as I said before, I used the "span video mode" from nvidia graphic divers (ati also do so) to overcome the limitation: it creates a single screen that spans across your monitors making something like a big 2048x768 screen instead of two smaller 1024x768 ones.

But...

I just came to know that Microsoft removed the possibility of this mode on Vista, so nVidia and ati drivers do not support it anymore...