Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating multilevel BD menus in BD Fusion

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creating multilevel BD menus in BD Fusion

I'm attempting to create some multilevel menus in BD Fusion that will popup and extend as the users browses through the various branches of the menu. So to start with, the main menu bar will slide up and when the user selects another option, another part of the menu will slide up and become visible as well. If the user back tracks, then obsolete menu panels will disappear. So this should look like a very standard Blu-ray menu.

I have imported my output from Scenarist Designer, but I've found that all my menu panel backgrounds are converted into backdrops which I cannot animate in the way required. Also it forces each menu panel to be a new frame were as they all need to be within the same frame to operate together.

So far as I can see, I need to edit the XML output from Designer to force all menu panels on to the same frame. And for the menu panel backgrounds, I need to import these separately as active objects. Is this correct?

My next problem is that due to this, when running the frame, the video limit is exceeded and so this won't actually work on a Blu-ray player.

Can you offer any advice on how to go about this?

Many thanks,

Ian

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Creating multilevel BD menus in BD Fusion

Hi Ian

Francois is probably the best person to answer this, but he isnt online right now.

I will direct him to your query (wont be till tomorrow now though).

Many thanks

Jason

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hello,

Yes we are working on the Designer input so that it is more adapted to BD Fusion.

In the meantime, I suggest you import the graphics manually : you will find all the elements of the interface in the designer output directory. You should then import them one by one in BD Fusion (create an empty active object, edit it, and import in the object). Once you import one image, make sure you crop it at the best to reduce memory size.

Yes, the memory is very limited in BDJ. This is due to hardware limitations and not BD Fusion. There is only one solution : be clever. Try to limit the number of graphics, crop the graphics to the minimal size.
    Memory is one thing, but loading time is another thing : you you load too much data in your frame, it will take ages to load. What you can do, is split you menu into different frames : if a menu option that is rarely used is called, then jump to a next frame where a new set of graphics will be loaded. Of course this will take some time.

The BDJ platform has some unfortunate limitations and you are not the only one who has run up against them, but they can be worked-around as I have noted. There only so much I can do without seeing the application. If you get stuck, you can send me your application and I can have a look at it.

But not this week : I will be away until the 18th.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a way to group items together so that I can manipulate many objects at once? For example, when I want to activate a group of buttons and make them all visible at the same time I currently have to set each one individually but it would make more sense to group these together and set the properties for the whole group altogether. Is this possible?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Do you mean in the editor or at runtime?

In the editor just select these objects and you should be able to modify their properties altogether.

At runtime you can group objects with qualifiers : select the objects in the frame editor, select the "Events" tab in the properties, click the Qualifier(s) line, click the Edit button, Click the Add button, select a qualifier and click OK twice. And then open the event editor, you'll notice a new object with the name of the qualifier you added : when you apply an action to this new object, it's applied to all the objects that have this qualifier.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using the XML output from Scenarist Designer, is it possible to manipulate this prior to importing into BD Fusion to alter the way objects are imported? For example could I tag images to be imported as active objects or tag pages to be imported as layers instead of frames?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As this is the Multimedia Fusion 2 forum, should there be a separate forum for BD Fusion?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Perhaps but this is only the 2nd question we have had so far.
    Once BD Fusion gets a little more popular I am sure we will do something.

95% of the questions about using BD Fusion will be the same as using regular MMF.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question. What is BDFusion? (lowers head)).
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

BD Fusion is an enhanced version of Multimedia Fusion that can create Java applications that run on Bluray disc players.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast