User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Two questions

  1. #1
    No Products Registered

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Norway, Oslo
    Posts
    379
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Two questions

    Hi!

    1. question!
    I try to learn how the global values works and need some help.
    I use a counter for score. On the first frame I pick up some dots, and add 10 to the score counter. When I finish the level, I need to store the score in a global value so the score is not starting at 0 on the next frame, but I'm not sure how the events will be. Can I please get some help or an example?

    2. question!
    I use a sub-application in my adventure. And it's works find, but I need one more sub-application. The first sub-application is the ingame menu "Take, use, look, list, give, etc." And the second is the list of "items" Frame 3 is the ingame menu. When I click on "list" on the menu, on frame 3, can I set the item list to a position on the first frame?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Clickteam Clickteam
    LB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Richardson, Texas, North America
    Posts
    8,937
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Two questions

    For number 1 just use "Set a global value" under the special object, but I don't know why you aren't using the player 1 object to track score... :/
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

  3. #3
    No Products Registered

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Norway, Oslo
    Posts
    379
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Two questions

    Yes, I know I can use that, but I just use it to learn global values.

    But what will the events be? I know I must use "Set a global value" under the special object

  4. #4
    Clickteam Clickteam
    LB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Richardson, Texas, North America
    Posts
    8,937
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Two questions

    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

  5. #5
    No Products Registered

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Norway, Oslo
    Posts
    379
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Two questions

    Thank you, _LB!

    What about the second question? Do you understand what I mean

  6. #6
    Clicker

    Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    mobichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    3,310
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Two questions

    You could also just add your score to a Global Value (call the global value "PlayerScore" or something) and just set the counter to the global value. Something like this:


    +Player collects dot
    -Add 10 to "PlayerScore"

    +Always
    -Set Counter to "PlayerScore"

    The advantage of this is that the global value will be maintained across all your frames, so you don't have to set the value at the start and end of the frame. Just remember to reset the global value when you start a new game.

    Mobichan

  7. #7
    Clickteam Clickteam
    LB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Richardson, Texas, North America
    Posts
    8,937
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Two questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabagast
    2. question!
    I use a sub-application in my adventure. And it's works find, but I need one more sub-application. The first sub-application is the ingame menu "Take, use, look, list, give, etc." And the second is the list of "items" Frame 3 is the ingame menu. When I click on "list" on the menu, on frame 3, can I set the item list to a position on the first frame?
    Use global values again to transfer the items that there should be in there. EG make global values and rename them to "Object A" "Object B" ect and then set them 0/1 for off/on.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

  8. #8
    Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Two questions

    Question 1 actually has a specific function built into the counter for this. Check the tick box under runtime properties of the counter called 'Global Object'. This will maintain the counter's value between frames so long as the counters have the same name.

  9. #9
    Clickteam Clickteam
    LB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Richardson, Texas, North America
    Posts
    8,937
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Two questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabagast
    Yes, I know I can use that, but I just use it to learn global values.

    But what will the events be? I know I must use "Set a global value" under the special object
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

  10. #10
    No Products Registered

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Norway, Oslo
    Posts
    379
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Two questions

    Quote Originally Posted by _LB
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabagast
    2. question!
    I use a sub-application in my adventure. And it's works find, but I need one more sub-application. The first sub-application is the ingame menu "Take, use, look, list, give, etc." And the second is the list of "items" Frame 3 is the ingame menu. When I click on "list" on the menu, on frame 3, can I set the item list to a position on the first frame?
    Use global values again to transfer the items that there should be in there. EG make global values and rename them to "Object A" "Object B" ect and then set them 0/1 for off/on.

    Ok, I can try that. But how do I rename a global value?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. some Questions
    By DiViNiTY in forum SWF/Flash Export Module Version 2.0
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24th September 2010, 04:11 PM
  2. Some Questions
    By Atom in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15th June 2009, 08:49 PM
  3. 2 questions
    By Spark in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30th November 2007, 06:56 PM
  4. two questions please
    By piki in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 4th August 2007, 07:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •