Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All .exe's are Trojan horses?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All .exe's are Trojan horses?

For some reason AVG has just gone crazy and a whole list of every single .exe from an MMF build has been detected as a trojan horse. Now I can't open any exe I build using MMF..my dad actually believes they're trojan horses but I don't know how to tell him that they're not!
    :mad:

Thanks!

EDIT: I just realised that AVG is automatically deleting all my exe's! And for some reason it's only the MMF build exe's that are "Trojan Horses".

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: All .exe's are Trojan horses?

To my knowledge, the whole click family of products has undergone extreme scrutiny from overzealous antivirus software.

My advice? Switch to McAfee. (But DO NOT go near Norton, those crazy a holes messed up my computer when I dared uninstall their product after they took a whole month off my subscription...)

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had that problem with Dr. Web AV. Deleted all the MMF1.5 Exe's. I complained to them after an email to Jeff Vance, and they said "oh you are right, they were false positives" A lot of good that did after it wiped mmf. McAfee is the best for MMF.
    Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty much the reason why i quit using antivirus products altogether

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is an annoying and inexcusable problem that occurs from time-to-time.

We at Clickteam can assure our users that the files we provide you with, (if they are directly from Clickteam or genuine product CD's) are 100% virus-free. Also, the executeables that TGF2 and MMF2 generate are also free from any infection if they are created on an uninfected machine.

With that out of the way, we appreciate quick reports from users on this and the opportunity to set that straight.

Clickteam will contact any Anti-virus company whose software generates a false positive for our software, but we also advise all users who encounter this to report the problem to the software publisher ASAP.

We apologize for any inconvenience though the cause of this is beyond our control.

Tip:

As for users who distribute their software and then get complaints from their users about virus warnings, be sure to scan your system first to assure that your machine is not affected.

Once you are certain that you are using a clean machine, scan the suspected files with an anti-virus tool different from the one users are reporting on. If the files are clean, notify your userbase and update them on the status.

Also, contact the software vendor so that they can update their definitions. Then, you can also inform your users that this has been performed and that it was a false-positive.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have newest avg definitions and mmf2 exe's showing up as trojan dropper.Agent.LRE :cry:
    and also MalwareBytes Anti`malware does'nt show up any virus no nothing.
    i agree that avg is getting it wrong again, yes there has been issue in the past with avg back in with mmf 1.5 then its back again in another form with mmf2. (but this time its only mmf2 created exes not mmf 1.5 created exe. )

:eek:
    (scary thoughts here on - beware)
    idealisticly
    Really makes u think in the past how many files that were flagged as trojan's and viruses were really real, the worst thing is do you dare to use them.
    even now days a made program that works a certain way can even be consitered dangerous and in most cases it is deleted instantly without consent. scanning software will never get it right no matter what u use. (they trip over now and again)
    (mostly heuristics gets it wrong and also a lack of "auto-protect" scanner "false deletition control" experienced in avg and norton.)

how far will a virus scanner will go before it comes full circle? it will eventually happen. with more virus's and malware and adware etc. needs more resources (which is already happening), we'll get that tight that we can`t access a file without permission OR at all. Similar to vista's user account control.(which can be turned off by the way)
    all we can do is backup, keep important info off main harddrive and use multiple scanners to hopefully keep safe.

and in mind there has been a nasty piece that crashes USB drives called resycled (not sure how's to be) that crashes the usb drive making it rendered useless (Autorun infected) I've used a program called "Disinfector" but it does`nt get rid of the problem just delays it (on the computer using) and writes files to the drive to keep resycled off (hidden) if anyone knows how to fully get rid and keep resycled off the a usb drive please tell me.
    virus and malware scanners have failed to pick it up especially norton and avg.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AVG's just scared that someday we'll create a better anti virus than theirs

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't this be great?!? An open source anti-virus program, made with MMF!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could delete AVG!!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got rid of AVG and switched to Avast. I would recommend you pursuade your dad to make the swich as I haven't had a false positive with Avast, but it could be that you really do have a Trojan and need to do a more thorough scan of the system.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast