User Tag List

Thread: To Clickteam: Cross platform deployment and more.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Clickteam: Cross platform deployment and more.

Hey there,

I'm curious as to whether Clickteam is looking into using the Qt to develop their following versions of MMF (3, 4, etc.)?

It allows for cross-platform deployment while only programing for one. Whatismore it allows for programing of a single threaded CPU while allowing the Qt end worry about multi-threading. Also, it relieves the tension of having to program the UI, and allows the developer to focus on building their tools.

The Qt website can be found HERE.

It would be interesting to see if this could also somehow help Clickteam with deployment of applications built with MMF to other platforms, rather then just Windows.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: To Clickteam: Cross platform deployment and more.

now that would be quite cool. I'm guessing expensive though

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: To Clickteam: Cross platform deployment and more.

I believe the license is around $15,000.

It's a pretty powerful development tool. I know a lot of companies are licensing it to save huge amounts of development time and money. There are many more benefits then what I mentioned, but those are the biggies that stuck out in my mind.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: To Clickteam: Cross platform deployment and mo

QT does indeed rock, but here come the counterpoints...
    • MMF already runs on Wine at 100% compatibility (and so does the runtime, and so does your MMF application). Wine, in turn, runs on all flavors of Unix including Linux and Mac OS X. Therefore, MMF and your application are already cross platform. Give it a try, it works.
    • MMF can already output to Java, too. And it's very fast and supports high resolution. So we actually have two cross-platform runtimes already.
    • To support QT, the IDE and the runtime would have to be essentially rewritten
    • There's a number of platforms where QT cannot be used, especially the iPhone--if CT was going to go through the trouble of rewriting MMF, accelerated Javascript and DHTML/AJAX would be a better and more future-proof choice.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It would be interesting to see if this could also somehow help Clickteam with deployment of applications built with MMF to other platforms, rather then just Windows.
    We are considering using a cross-platform library in MMF3, but at the moment only for the editor, not sure for the runtime (i.e. the runtime would be built manually for each platform).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SandtouchLC
    QT does indeed rock, but here come the counterpoints...
    [list][*]MMF already runs on Wine at 100% compatibility (and so does the runtime, and so does your MMF application). Wine, in turn, runs on all flavors of Unix including Linux and Mac OS X. Therefore, MMF and your application are already cross platform. Give it a try, it works.
    Not anymore. I used an older version, which I can't recall, where I got MMF2Dev to work, but I recently tried it again and it's not working anymore. They must have done something to the WINE code along the way that broke compatibility with MMF2/MMF2Dev.

I agree that cross-platform would be nice so we could develop applications and games for use with other systems, such as Linux and OSX, or maybe even mobile OSes like Maemo for the Nokia MIDs, Symbian S60, Palm OS 5 and above, Windows Mobile, Android (which is technically a form of Linux) and so on.

It'd be interesting to see that, but I know most of the things I mentioned would probably be either improbable or would take too long to implement.

Jesse~

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2iOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always wished my games could be ported to xbox 360... so I could make some mean arcade games... but I'm 99.999% that could never happen boooo

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt MMF will ever export to Xbox, but you could try XNA, Asholay. It's free and not that hard.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse
    Not anymore. I used an older version, which I can't recall, where I got MMF2Dev to work, but I recently tried it again and it's not working anymore. They must have done something to the WINE code along the way that broke compatibility with MMF2/MMF2Dev.
    We use Wine 1.1.9. You can download regular Wine 1.1.9 from here and Darwine 1.1.9 (for Mac OS from here .