User Tag List

Thread: Ping

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ping

Has anyone been able to get Ping to work? If so, how exactly is it used. It's asking for a Host and when I type in the IP address I'm using, neither a success or failure is fired.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ping

Ah yes, there's a bug with the parameters. Fixed in the next build.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will you be able to use oinc as a port scanner on the next build too?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh.. I could add that, if you want. You could already use MooSock as a port scanner.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't want to use moo any more as your network extension is looking like it could handle just about anything. Id rather use one "super" network extention over a mediocur broken one.
    I thought the whole idea was to drop Moo as you can't develop on it. I can create some pretty cool apps/games with this extension but not until it's out of beta and has Ping and port scan.
    A traceroute function would be good because it could be used to build network diagnostic software too and not just games.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to rush things, but any idea when a new version might be out? I'm curious to keep at it with this thing, and the ping would be really nice to have so I can keep track of online performance in-game.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could really do with that ping function to work. could make a pretty neat app with just that function alone.
    Doesn't allow ms timeout as part of the ping event. Should there be an option for this?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2iOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJFuego
    I really don't want to use moo any more as your network extension is looking like it could handle just about anything. Id rather use one "super" network extention over a mediocur broken one.
    I thought the whole idea was to drop Moo as you can't develop on it. I can create some pretty cool apps/games with this extension but not until it's out of beta and has Ping and port scan.
    Totally agree.

BTW, we're not trying to annoy/push you into working on OINC - but trying to encourage you to keep up the great work. In its complete form, this extension will bring Multimedia Fusion creations to the online market properly, which MOO started, but failed to finish.

Offline games are great, but everyone wants online co-op these days! Actually I'm very surprised Clickteam didn't do their own decent online object, or have a better integrated online features...