Thread: 2nd Frame Screenshot?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 2nd Frame Screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by DT
    ok, how is the "rendered image" being added to the second frame? Perhaps there is a way to do this but I need more detail please.
    It's not added to the second frame it's saving the image from the 2nd frame. You design the look with controls/globals from frame 1 and preview it just like what you posted before. It has a extra render/save button on frame 1 that saves the render/frame2 to a image when pressed.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have updated the example. This is not exactly what you asked for but it does allow you to preview, send global values to change the preview (and the original) and to screen capture the full size version.

I basically doubled the width of the first screen and put all the controls on the right side. Then on start of frame I center the screen to the right side of the frame. Now all of the actions are following the global values on the left side of the screen and the preview frame. When you click the button the screen centers on the left half and captures the frame. (to the clipboard in this example).

Open MSPaint and press Ctrl-V to see the capture.

www.skiosk-esd.com/clickteam/MMF2_examples/View2ndFrame.mfa
    DT
    Special Projects Director

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i could do all this from the start which is why i asked here about doing it from the second frame, i could take a screenshot, send globals, change frame position and use the sub app so as you say it's not what i asked for. Sorry i know i must be annoying telling you this and thanks but i have already said it was not what i wanted before you posted.

I was also planning to capture at different size which is why i needed it done from the second frame, say 1000x1000 or 2500x2500 resolution and use the frame. This was the best method i had tried from what i did but it means you can only capture at the size of the app using the screen capture object and also have to setup doubles.

This whole thread is hinting to me that as well as audio (sequencers, synthesis, midi editing) MMF is not up to the task with graphics either. So not exactly the multimedia development package i was originally thinking it would be. Don't get me wrong i think its a great app but just missing a lot of things and needs adjustments. More extensions/options should be included by default also (not 3rd party). Something to save the frames should be standard really. The screen capture method also does not do transparency well and has lots of downsides. If something like the extension idea happened it would solve a lot of things graphics app wise, but it doesn't seem it's going to happen unless the developers actually add it in but it should already be there really.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No problem and I take no offense. My only other advice is to use the subapp object to preview and record the options changed via the global values. THEN, jump to the second frame which will enact these global value changes and save the image. While I do know that other programs can does thinks like this they tend to be photo specific and not a general application tool like MMF. Sorry if you are unable to achieve a solution for this very specific task.
    DT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks DT, i apreciate yours and others help. I tried doing that and switching to the second frame to capture but had no luck with this as the extension events wouldn't trigger correctly, do you have an example of it working correctly if possible?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm, lets try this one...

www.skiosk-esd.com/clickteam/MMF2_examples/View2ndFrame.mfa

Changes passed to the second screen and previewed in the subapplication on the first. Button click sets a global value and when interpreted on the second screen captures to clipboard.
    DT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks this works the best yet, however how do you make it capture a larger 2nd frame but stay the same on the frame1? So uneven sized frames with the second frame at say 2000x2000 but frame 1 as it is right now, if i try it clips the image to the app size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This may not be possible. You are trying to use a programming tool to emulate all the functionality of a photo editing suite.
    DT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DT
    You are trying to use a programming tool to emulate all the functionality of a photo editing suite.
    Not really, a basic saving system like this should be standard. I don't see why it's so hard to do really. The app is called Multimedia Fusion also and if it's true you can't do basic tasks like this clickteam should remove comments like -

Multimedia Fusion provides you with everything you need to start creating software of your own imagination and design.
    From the product page, because thats simply not true and it doesn't handle things other than games as well from my experience so far.

At the end of the day all im trying to do is save a graphic i create from a frame to a image. It really shouldn't be so hard to achieve, but the program is missing various options and relys on 3rd party extensions for most things. I don't like being negative but thats my thoughts about it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast