Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: XLua extention beta

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: XLua extention beta

Busy perhaps, but I just happened to have both of them near release at the same time.

Also, in the next beta, if I don't forget again, I'll try and update the "require" semantics again to also probe for embedded scripts.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks this works great and is a very useful extension. There is a few things i noticed though which i wrote down yesterday after testing -

The built in script editor is great, the only thing i don't like is that you can't preview the frame while it's open. This is the same as the older embedded script editor so it might be a limitation with SDK/MMF, if posible it would be great to be able to run the preview and minimize it.

One other thing is if you want to resize the dialog then click ok and go back in after the dialog is back to the previous size so you have to keep resizing each time.

The last thing is if you run the frame and then go into the editor and use the Ctrl+Z command it deletes/clears your script. Im guessing this is some annoying thing to do with the way MMF works when it clears the history when running the frame (not a good thing). If it's possible to some how make it external or have some sort of multi step history built in which gets around this that would be great. Im not sure why MMF does this but i wish they would change that as it gets really annoying sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time the setup dialog is opened, the Scintilla control is recreated, and so the undo history is lost.

The reason you can't preview the frame is because the dialog is opened as modal. This is not really a limit of MMF itself (although MMF also chooses to use modal dialogs), but allowing it to be manipulated concurrently with the rest of MMF means I need to be prepared to handle tricky situations, like trying to reopen the dialog, or opening the dialog on another XLua object, or saving your changes while edrt is running, or closing MMF, etc.

All things considered, making it remember your size preference is probably the easiest to do.

This is all polish stuff anyway. Maybe I'll be able to address all of it, maybe not. It should still be a major improvement over the default editor, and loading strings.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I guess code folding would be nice. You've even set up 2 margins, and one of them (the right one) is more or less useless!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Retriever2
    This is all polish stuff anyway. Maybe I'll be able to address all of it, maybe not. It should still be a major improvement over the default editor, and loading strings.
    The thing MMF does where it clears the history is getting more annoying to me, it's not user friendly at all and i hope they improve this. If your A/B comparing a change not having what you last did is a big problem as sometimes it's better to just go back to the last thing, in fact going back after a test is sometimes very important. It's probably MMF that needs to change for this though and for a app thats aimed at making programming simple it's suprising it's missing various key workflow things and does stuff like clearing history and locking dialogs. Im guessing others won't like this workflow also and i don't know any other apps that clear history like that but im thinking the main app needs to change but if there is a workaround that would be great.

This is much better than the old editor though yeah (100 times + even) and the workflow is much more user friendly than the last one. In fact Clickteam should actually take note of what you have done with this for dialogs like the HWA effects system and any other default embedded script editors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well .net did it first.

@Looki - yeah, I intend on adding it. I just haven't looked up how to do it yet. In fact I might have to bug you about a few things that are currently giving me the bird

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Retriever2
    Well .net did it first.
    Is .net made by clickteam? If this is the case i wonder why they did not do Syntax highlighting etc with HWA also. Right now im actually coding all HWA effects with Notepad++ because it's much nicer than the default editor. Mainly i do this because i can have unlimited undo's without loosing the code, the highlighting with the XML part but the main thing is i can actually minimize the program (MMF locks the dialog, cannot minimize if editing).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.net was made by Greyhill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've come very close to being able to do what you want (a modeless dialog), but I've hit a barrier I can't cross. Unless someone can tell me how I can pull an edPtr out of thin air, or if there's an edittime equivilent of an oilist I can look up, or if there's some function like PrepareToWriteObject that will let me resize the EDITDATA, then there's no way I can guarantee that any of your edits will actually get saved anywhere. I'd have to literally put a "Synchronize" button on the properties window that you'd have to press, and that's a kludge no one wants to put up with.

I should at least be able to address the undo problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having the undo problem fixed will be a big help, thanks

I have no idea about the modeless dialog coding but hopefully it's possible. By Synchronize button do you mean needing to press 2 buttons (update and run frame etc) and updating the code to be used each time you press the button and saving to a temp location etc then pressing another to run frame?

Maybe if it is possible you could run the full project/frame from the actual code editing dialog or something, this way you would not have to keep closing and opening every time your test it. It would mean duplicating the run triggers or telling MMF to start them somehow which might not even be possible but it might workaround needing a fully modeless dialog.

Modeless dialogs is something MMF really needs to move towards in the future though and hopefully make simpler with the SDK also. The way some things are always needing to be opened and closed before doing anything else is not so user/workflow friendly so having them would be a good idea in my opinion.

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast