Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: XLua extention beta

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: XLua extention beta

for the record, that's how function registration works anyway, so the efficiency between the two methods is the same.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does? In Lua+ I just registered the actual function name with rdPtr as an upvalue (every function to the same C function) and then in the C function I read the upvalue and used it to generate the "on function" condition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's one of the first mechanisms I wrote in XLua, before I understood much about the C API, upvalues, etc.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredron
    Personally I just use DoCall in my lua scripts as I find it easier to differenciate between MMf functions and lua functions.
    But, I always put them in a wrapper function so make it easier to keep track.

So Instead of DoCall("closeApp") being used multiple times through my app, I would put that in a LUA function:

function CloseApp
    DoCall("closeApp")
    end

then if its called many times throughout my script its easier to keep track of. Personal preference though.
    i don't see much point in doing it this way

DoCall("closeApp") is already equivalent to closeApp(), so there isn't any point in a wrapper function here

unless you were of course doing more work through the CloseApp() function but that's not the case here

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as i said, personal preference. if you were calling that function many times throughout your scripts, I find it easier to simply call the lua function that wraps it, as its easier to read (imo) and if I need to change the MMF function name, its only in the one spot.

As retreiver said, there is no speed difference anyway, so do whatever works best for you

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do it that way because I sometimes call other functions within my mmf functions. So instead of a large chunk of actions under every mmf function, I only need one for the DoCall, the rest is inside the function itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't forgotten anyone's bug reports (I think... I hope!), in fact some of them are already fixed, but a release is still probably 1-2 weeks out, due to some major changes on the back end. Or I could just release it now untested with my fingers crossed but that usually doesn't end well.

In the meantime though, there is an intermittent bug involving the setup editor, and multiple MFA projects open simultaneously (and / or multiple frames in a single project). The symptoms seem to be scripts shared between different XLua instances, crashing, or other undefined behavior. I don't have a definite use case that produces these bugs though, so if some of you would like to play around with XLua between multiple open projects and get a better handle on it, that would be awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been a while, but new release, version 1.5b4 (yes, that stands for 4th beta).

The callstack code has all beeen rewritten to support an old feature request: pushing tables onto the stack. You can now push tables as parameters and return values.

Also a few other bugfixes, broken examples updated, and finally the documentation is unified (also available at http://jaquadro.homedns.org/~xlua).

Definitely interested to hear if there's any stability problems, or if you notice changes in performance vs. the old version. I also included my "unit tests" as an example, free cookies to anyone that wants to try their best to find broken corner cases. Finally trying to get all the loose ends tied up.

Download: http://hocuspocus.taloncrossing.com/rii/xlua-dev.zip

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's good to see XLua betas again, thanks for the update

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged