EDIT: the second beta version of the build #249 is available :
This build is a BETA version, please make backup copies of your applications before loading them with this version!
This build contains some new features, especially the final version of the Java runtime, a new Java Mac build option (MMF2 Developer), and a new Java runtime for mobile devices and BlackBerry (MMF2 Developer).
Note: the new HWA version is a separate program, you can download it from the MMF2 HWA forum.
Let us know if any problem with this build, thanks !
Build 249 : new features and fixes
- [color:red]Data element editor[/color] : you can now add multiple files at the same time in the binary data tab.
- Event editor : the Shoot action has been renamed to Launch as it can be used for more then shooting.
- Event editor : when doing UNDO on an event with the creation of an object, and if this object was only created in this event (not dropped on the frame), the UNDO / REDO did not work.
- Event editor : the line numbers are now fixed, they no longer change when you open/close a group.
- Event editor : the split window feature is now disabled in the event, event list and action editors as it causes crashes.
- Event editor : in the Create / Set Position dialog box, when you select a position relative to another object, the initial position is set to 0,0.
- Event List Editor : possible random crash after deleting an action.
- Event List Editor : the focus rectangle is now immediately redrawn when you go up/down/left/right.
- Behavior editor : crash when you edit a behavior of a global object while an event editor is open on a behavior of this object in another frame.
- Behavior editor : copying/pasting events in behaviors could result in bad objects.
- Path movement editor : sometimes selects the wrong object when there is an instance of the object in the frame editor and the object is also created in the event editor.
- Picture editor : keyboard issue in file selector in Save Picture.
- Storyboard editor : the scrolling position is preserved when you close and reopen the editor.
- [color:red]Object properties[/color] : generic qualifiers from 24 to 99 have been renamed and redesigned by Nifflas and Hempuli, thanks a lot. A new option in the Preferences (in the Event Editor tab) allows you to use the old qualifiers. Note: when you change this option, you have to close and reload opened applications so that the new option take effect.
- Properties : for the ones who don't use tabs in the property window, the open status of the folders is now always preserved.
- [color:red]Application (MMF2 Dev)[/color] : new Clone command for applications. This command allows you to create resized copies of an application. It resizes the window, the frames, the objects, updates their positions, changes the speed/acceleration/deceleration values in the movements, updates the positions in the Create / Shoot actions, in the Test Zone conditions, and generates a report that displays the events that might need to be modified so that the new application works correctly (i.e. events that modify or read positions via expressions).
- [color:red]Application (MMF2 Dev)[/color] : new options (in the Application properties) to keep the width/height ratio of the user's screen when switching to full screen. Refer to the documentation for more information.
- [color:red]Application (MMF2 Dev)[/color] : new Java Mobile / BlackBerry build options for mobile devices & Blackberry.
- [color:red]Application (MMF2 Dev)[/color] : new Java Mac build option for Macs.
- Application : when only external sounds and images are referenced in events, the sound and image filters are now REALLY included if they are in automatic mode...
- Active SystemBox object : not correctly displayed when it's hidden at start and you show it later, if it contains a text.
- Animation object : "user clicks within animation" condition was not working, it has been removed, you can now use the User clicks on an object condition of the Keyboard & Mouse object
- Combo Box object : Has Focus condition now works in Dropdown List mode.
- Dialog box object : Has Focus condition didn't work for simple and dropdown combo boxes.
- Edit box object : a 0 was added to the end of the texts saved with the Save Text action.
- [color:red]Edit box object[/color] : you can now set the alignment in the Text tab in the properties.
- FTP object : the Asynchonous mode is now off by default (when you insert a new FTP object) - note that some servers don't support too many files being downloaded at the same time in asynchronous mode, so you should be careful when using this option.
- Hi-Score, Date & Time, Quiz objects : the "display as background" property is now displayed so that you can change it.
- List View object : Limit of editable text in List View is now 1024 characters (this limit will be removed in a future build).
- Object Mover object : new object that allows you to move all objects above it at the same time.
- Movement controller object : Help button not working in properties of this object
- Movement extensions : new Help button in movement properties.
- [color:red]New Drag & Drop movement[/color] made by Andrew Mather and finalized by Chris Branch.
- Java : various fixes, including a fix in the Array object, a fix in the focus of the application when you switch to a new frame, 1-pixel quickbackdrops not displayed, display problems in multi-line strings, controls not working in applets, key-pressed events losing their one-shot status after 10 minutes, etc.
- [color:red]Java[/color] : new objects : List View (MMF2 Dev), Print, Cursor, Draw, Date & Time, Hi-Scores, Popup Menu, Tree Control, Double Precision calculator, FTP, Screen Capture, Window Control, Text Blitter, Advanced Direction, Advanced Path Movement, Wargame Map.
- Runtime : new command line switches :
- /MIS0 => turns off the Machine Independent Speed option
- /MIS1 => turns on the Machine Independent Speed option
- /NOK => ignore the Keep Screen Ratio option
- the screen depth passed through the /DIB option is no longer ignored in full screen mode
- Runtime : when using Pick object at random with a qualifier, it did not work if another condition was selecting/unselecting objects with the same qualifier.
- Runtime : Overlapping another object condition - when negated, an Is Overlapping condition implying two qualifiers was TRUE when two of the objects described by the two qualifiers (not all the objects) were colliding...
- Runtime : crash when you close an application from the task manager.
- Runtime : Goto node and Branch node actions used to crash when the current movement was not a path movement.
- Runtime : Save Frame Position was not working with timer-based movements.
- Runtime : reactions to collisions with obstacles in movements were slightly different in the build 248, due to a change in a routine shared between the ball movement and the others. The previous behavior has been restored.
- Runtime : Frame Has Been Loaded / Saved conditions didn't work with the Negate option.
Link to build 248