Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with 2d figher

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with 2d figher

I used the fighers that were in the libary I also made them walk fight and I used a nice camera system and every thing works nice.

But the problem is that the collision between the two characters does not work as I want it do work :/
    I have collision between the red figher and the golden figher that whould make them stop when the walk in to each other, but instead of doing that they walk over each other, why?
    I tried to change "stop" to "bounce" but with the same results.

I also tried using two invisible objects that followd the players to make the invisible object to bump in to each other but the players only started to jump when they were not supposed to. :/

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Help with 2d figher

Maybe upload a file so I can look at it?

stephen1980

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3omy2nzbgxn

btw I can't find any example for a 2d figher (in MMF2) anywhere, does anyone know if it even exist an example for that?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your red player jumps crazily because your hotspot in his right walking animation was off. Fix this by changing the hotspot to the center. To get the collisions to work the way you want, uncheck the "Use Fine Detection" box in the Runtime Options of your characters.

stephen1980

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem. And as far as I know, there isn't an example for a 2d fighter game.

stephen1980

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to have to do some serious 2 fightin/brawling for my game, one of the playable characters is a fighter and I have no idea how I'm going to program/code all that.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps this can be my next example file. A fighting game. Don't see too many tutorials on that. I'll see what I can do!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

make a fighting/platforming hybrid with ledge grabbing example, or better yet explain how it could be done cause i'm no good at following examples I like to build things myself and understand what does what and why.

I've been thinking of developing some 2d fighting engine as of late and i guess i could make the player sprite punch and do all kinds of stuff but I'm more concerned about the AI of the enemies, i want them to doge, fight back, have some brains to them and that's something i can't do or wrap my mind around how it could be done in MMF.

Another thing, I want only the fists, feet and heads when used in battle to deal damage and not the whole body to deal damage, I assume this could be done with invisible objects being created at the right coordinates for the fighters when certain animations are playing and destroyed as soon as the animation is over, but wouldn't that eventually become too messy and difficult to follow when executing more complex moves?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    Perhaps this can be my next example file. A fighting game. Don't see too many tutorials on that. I'll see what I can do!
    I would like to see this, Chaos.

stephen1980

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast