User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My very first quest system i didn't use tutorials

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My very first quest system i didn't use tutorials

Sorry I uploaded it to rapidshare, but I can't seem to upload anything to MU despite having a premium account there
    http://rapidshare.com/files/229547393/QuestSystemTest3.rar.html

if uploading to MU works later I'll upload a mirror there too

I just used what I know from CNC and now MMF to create this, if it's any good use the quest system however you want, improve it, use it in your own games though I doubt it's better than other quest systems out there just don't touch the characters, tho these are no good low quality sprites I'm actually considering making a complex adventure game(100% freeware, I don't support the sale of games made with MMF or RPG Maker and stuff like that) with these characters and they're my own designs and everything.

So guys, take a look at it, offer some friendly advice, I decided to go ahead and make my own quest system first before reading any tutorials to see if i could do it.

This is only the first part of the quest system, my game has two kinds of quests so I'll start working on the second part of the system now which might prove a bit more challenging.

My main concern is whether or not I manage the quest log and inventory windows well, dialog boxes and text, is my coding way too complex for something that could've been done much easier and so on.

If you have the time, look through it, I WILL read a tutorial on how to do quest and inventory but first I want to see if my own quest system is any good.

Just some things you should take note of:
    - The Fox's Dialog updates with every quest Update and so does the description in the Quest Log
    - Mouseover the Quest Title in the Quest Log to read a description of the quest and see its current status.
    - The Quest updates once you pick up a Healing Herb.
    - Once you complete the quest collect 9 Healing Herbs, then try to pick up a 10th and see if the dialog box works fine, i had some issues with it but i think i sorted it out.
    - In the Woods the girl's controls switch to Platform(her 2nd Movement type)

edit: In the version I uploaded the Doctor doesn't look in the direction of the girl when you talk to him but that's not a big deal, i forgot to add that cause i was fixing the events after the dialog when you reach a maximum number of herbs messed up, i added it now but i'm not reuploading the file just for that lol

edit 2: File dropper link
    http://www.filedropper.com/questsystemtest3
    also with the fixed direction thing on the doctor

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: My very first quest system i didn't use tutorials

Use http://www.filedropper.com/ it's far superior.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks dude
    I uploaded it there
    http://www.filedropper.com/questsystemtest3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a way so I don't have to have the Quest Log, Dialog Box and Inventory windows in every frame or the quests and still add to their values, update them and have them show up when needed even if they're on another frame?

I mean, i know these are just shortcuts, but they clutter up my workspace and i don't do the destroy/create object thing cause in MMF2 unlike in CNC it seems you can't see the objects created in the application so deciding where they should show up is kind hard, plus i think that would be more trouble than just toggling visibility and animations like i do now for "system windows"

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could use Global Values. These work over frames.

stephen1980

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Global Values work over frames, I've used them before in CNC for graphics settings like, low, medium and high and some other stuff, but i don't think they can make an object from another frame act as if it's in all frames even if a shortcut to that object isn't placed in every frame.

As for Global Values, aren't there only A-Z Global values and nothing more? I use values as you can see, but I don't quite understand all the complex stuff relating to values, strings and especially those weird equations, I'll have to go over the tutorials on Marv's site to get a better understand of that I think.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100% freeware, I don't support the sale of games made with MMF or RPG Maker and stuff like that) with these characters and they're my own designs and everything.
    Why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, from what I've seen you can't really make highly polished, clean games with MMF, they all have that "MMF feel" to them even if they're very, very well made.

Maybe I'm wrong, i dunno, but I've seen free flash games that have been far more polished and professional looking than MMF games, I have yet to see a MMF game that would truly blow me away.

I'm going to make what I can for my game with MMF but my ultimate goal is to get actual programmers interested in the project so we can put a team together and have them properly program the game engine in C++ or something, and even then the game would still be freeware since this particular game was meant to be freeware but i could see myself selling that.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you make really depends on the quality of work. I don't know exactly what you mean by MMF feel. You need to look at some higher profile games, like Fairie Solitaire, etc. I'd never guess that was made in MMF unless I already knew.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with shawn. It depends on your ability. There are many first class applications made in MMF.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast