Sorry I uploaded it to rapidshare, but I can't seem to upload anything to MU despite having a premium account there
if uploading to MU works later I'll upload a mirror there too
I just used what I know from CNC and now MMF to create this, if it's any good use the quest system however you want, improve it, use it in your own games though I doubt it's better than other quest systems out there just don't touch the characters, tho these are no good low quality sprites I'm actually considering making a complex adventure game(100% freeware, I don't support the sale of games made with MMF or RPG Maker and stuff like that) with these characters and they're my own designs and everything.
So guys, take a look at it, offer some friendly advice, I decided to go ahead and make my own quest system first before reading any tutorials to see if i could do it.
This is only the first part of the quest system, my game has two kinds of quests so I'll start working on the second part of the system now which might prove a bit more challenging.
My main concern is whether or not I manage the quest log and inventory windows well, dialog boxes and text, is my coding way too complex for something that could've been done much easier and so on.
If you have the time, look through it, I WILL read a tutorial on how to do quest and inventory but first I want to see if my own quest system is any good.
Just some things you should take note of:
- The Fox's Dialog updates with every quest Update and so does the description in the Quest Log
- Mouseover the Quest Title in the Quest Log to read a description of the quest and see its current status.
- The Quest updates once you pick up a Healing Herb.
- Once you complete the quest collect 9 Healing Herbs, then try to pick up a 10th and see if the dialog box works fine, i had some issues with it but i think i sorted it out.
- In the Woods the girl's controls switch to Platform(her 2nd Movement type)
edit: In the version I uploaded the Doctor doesn't look in the direction of the girl when you talk to him but that's not a big deal, i forgot to add that cause i was fixing the events after the dialog when you reach a maximum number of herbs messed up, i added it now but i'm not reuploading the file just for that lol
edit 2: File dropper link
also with the fixed direction thing on the doctor