User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My very first quest system i didn't use tutorials

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: My very first quest system i didn't use tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Fairie Solitaire. I'd never guess that was made in MMF unless I already knew.
    That game IS very well done, huh?

stephen1980

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to sidetrack, as I know this isn't the OP's original thread topic, but I thought I'd just add that I think in general, the quality is determined a lot by the quality of game assets; i.e. sprites and/or 3d models, textures, gui, sounds/music, etc. Honestly, I don't see how a typical 2D sprite game programmed in C++ would really look or feel any different from one made in MMF2 if it is using the exact same assets. If you don't use built in movements, but fine tune custom ones, then you won't have issues with the built in movements and whatnot. In many cases, the C++ version probably wouldn't even be as well done as the MMF2 version unless your programmer for the project is able to make a decent game engine.

Also, other than vector graphics support, I don't see what Flash could really do in the realm of 2D that MMF2 couldn't, especially since MMF2 is getting a Flash exporter anyway. But I don't know everything there is to know about Flash.

Just my two cents.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you guys might be right, guess I didn't realize that MMF/TGF are far more serious than the RPGMaker programs.
    I don't really know anything about applications made with MMF, I'm a gamer so that kinda stuff doesn't interest me much but if you say there's professional and well made applications out there I take your word for it.

As for games, in all honesty as well made as that solitaire game might be, stuff like that doesn't really impress me, if there's something as beautiful looking, sounding and clean as Braid for example made with MMF, a serious adventure game much like the one I'm planning on making I'd love to see it, something with a lot of attention to visuals, sound and custom movement and all that stuff.

Anyway, if someone here(Mr. Marv?) wants to do all the programming for my game for me I'd really appreicate it lol, I'm not a big fan of coding and programming, I'm an artist and the only reason I try to learn MMF as best as I can is because nobody really wants to bother with a complex project such as the one i have in mind

btw Marv, it would really mean a lot if you looked over my quest system and tell me what you think, I WILL go over your tutorials on your site but i first wanted someone as experienced as you to give me their opinion on my quest system.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have downloaded your file and will take a look at it. In all honesty, there are forum members that are far superior to me in coding and using MMF in general, but I thank you for the compliment.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of curiosity, ShinigamiKiba what is the project you had in mind? Maybe some details? And in my opinion, Marv is one of the better coders on this forum.

stephen1980

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll tell you guys what it is once I have all the concept art down and maybe some proper sprite work done in whatever Moho is called nowadays.

It's basically a fairytale like action adventure game about a little girl living in a small mountain town who befriends a spirit fox and tries to aid the fox into protecting the mountain from a huge, colossus sized crazed spirit. Well that's the basic plot, there's much more to it, the spirit fox, the "evil" spirit they're protecting the mountain from, other playable characters, they all have backstories and what not.

There should be 4 Playable characters.

The little girl - you already saw what her quest system is like, her gameplay style should be action/platformer/exploration, think the Metroid and Castlevania games and since she is the main character the majority of the game consists that type of gameplay.

The other 3 playable characters, 4 maybe if i decide to include one more guy all have somewhat different gameplay styles.

There's a Brawler, his gameplay is platforming/beat em up, but mostly beat em up with a few jumps and wall climbs here and there. That's the Doctor guy in the quest system test, that's his final character design for the spring season.

Another playable character is an agile, fast old dude whose weapons usually differ based on his levels, but for the most part it's just aesthetics and his gameplay style is pretty much the same all the time, platforming with lots of hack and slash action.

AND the fox, but in her "Human" form, you play with her onlye 2-3 times in the game, the final boss battle, a boss battle near the end of the Fall season and maybe one more time.

Now the fox has two types of gameplay depending on boss fight, one is the same as the old man I mentioned before, so his mechanics will be used for that, you know, lots of jumping and hacking and slashing with the addition of some magical attacks for her.
    The Spirit Fox's second gameplay style should be similar except her movement will be the all direction one since in the last battle she flies while fighting the final boss.

It may seem complex, but it really isn't all that bad, especially since only the girl has an inventory and stuff while all the other characters pretty much have is a list of "levels" you unlock over time or with special items you find with the girl and play those levels with them(those are the story quests, I'll explain that some other time)

I know it can all be done in MMF, I want to keep the gameplay simple and easy to get into and the graphics as awesome as possible and definitely usage of MP3 music instead of crappy midis.
    Now it seems not all MP3s work with MMF's DirectShow thingy, at least not all work for me so I guess some re-encoding and stuff wil have to be done, but there's still time for that.

The game is going to have 4 seasons, think 4 main chapters, spring, summer, fall and winter and lots and lots of cutscenes, but all the cutscenes will be done with the in-game graphics and sprites so they should be easy to do what with them being nothing but scripted non-interactive events and all.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There will be quite a few games you have heard of or seen that were made in MMF, and you would of never guessed thats where they are made .

On a side note, if your art is fantastic you'll EASILY find programmers to do your bidding.

It's much harder for the coder to find an artist in my experience .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKiba
    I know it can all be done in MMF, I want to keep the gameplay simple and easy to get into and the graphics as awesome as possible and definitely usage of MP3 music instead of crappy midis. Now it seems not all MP3s work with MMF's DirectShow thingy, at least not all work for me so I guess some re-encoding and stuff wil have to be done, but there's still time for that.
    Keep in mind that there are some licensing issues when using .mp3's in your games/apps. This is why you are encouraged to convert them. You don't have to use .midi files, you can use .wav or .ogg.

stephen1980

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There have been a number of games made in MMF that have won the shareware awards i believe, and have been sold at #1 on Big Fish games website.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephen1980
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKiba
    I know it can all be done in MMF, I want to keep the gameplay simple and easy to get into and the graphics as awesome as possible and definitely usage of MP3 music instead of crappy midis. Now it seems not all MP3s work with MMF's DirectShow thingy, at least not all work for me so I guess some re-encoding and stuff wil have to be done, but there's still time for that.
    Keep in mind that there are some licensing issues when using .mp3's in your games/apps. This is why you are encouraged to convert them. You don't have to use .midi files, you can use .wav or .ogg.

stephen1980
    Yeah I'd just use .ogg. Compresses like an .mp3 but its an open format so you don't have to worry about licensing and things. And MMF2 has built in support for .ogg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast