User Tag List

Thread: Scrolling Screen Issues - Screen Bounces?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scrolling Screen Issues - Screen Bounces?

Hello, there.

I'm trying to create a side-scrolling game, somewhat along the lines of METAL WARRIORS or so on, if you're familiar with it. Anyways, I'm having trouble having the screen scroll with the character. Right now, the code is simple

-Always
    >Center Display at (0,0) from Player

This works fine if the screen is simple flat, but I wanted him to be able to jump around on buildings of different heights. If the screen is not looking at the very bottom or the very top, it bounces with the character's run animation, which screws up his jumping animation and various other things.

I can upload the MFA file later, but I figure I'd see if anyone has any ideas as to how to fix this problem?

Thanks for your time.

-Vandas

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Scrolling Screen Issues - Screen Bounces?

Sounds to me like either The character's hotspot is shifting mid-animation, or the animation itself is jumpy. If it's just the hotspot, you could map the camera to the player's action point instead and set the actionpoint to a consistant spot on the player.

Also, what platform movement are you using? If you're using the built-in movement, it may be the source of these issues.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Scrolling Screen Issues - Screen Bounces?

I'm using the built in one; I'm not very good at math so the complex systems are a little much for me yet. I can follow the tutorials just fine, but actually doing it myself in my head is another story.

I tried your idea of running with a constant spot, but it still seems to be moving all over the place. It's frustrating, and not the only problem I'm having.

I tried using the fastloop tutorial to create a block to prevent the character from hanging on walls but unfortunately, that would negate his jumping animation entirely for some reason. @.x

Arrghh. Game creation can be so frustrating, but so rewarding.

I'll upload an MFA later tonight.