User Tag List

Thread: XBOX 360 controller

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XBOX 360 controller

Yves told me specifically to ask my question in the MMF2 forum concerning the controller compatibility situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves
    In MMF2 there is a Joypad object, made by z33z and available in the Released Extensions forum, much more advanced, that uses DirectX. I don't know if it can handle an xbox360 controller, ask your question in the MMF2 forum
    As far as I knew, I was told to do it because there may be some information to be given that wasn't specific to the other forum. There is also more to it specific to the demo (as you'll see as you read on) which is another reason why I asked the question here.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonDarby
    In the demo try the standard Joystick object, that detects the Xbox controller, but for more complete control you will need the joypad object... but i think that is for MMF.
    I should also mention that the 360 controller is not seeming to work at all in the TGF2 Demo or the MMF2 Dev demo, and I see no joypad object in either demo, only "analog joystick". I suppose the extensions for the joypad aren't included in either demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie
    To use the controller, when creating a new condition in the event editor, you can use the icon with the keyboard and mouse with "Keyboard -> Upon pressing a key" and press a key on the controller, or right click the icon with the joystick and select "Joystick -> Read joystick state" or "Joystick -> Repeat while joystick pressed".
    I've been using the Analog Joystick option (because that's the only one available), but it never recognizes the button presses or stick movements. My CPU is compatible with the 360 controller as I've played games with it on my PC.

I really need to test the 360 controller compatibility in the software. It's pivotal to my project.

mojofltr

Re: Just an FYI - JasonDarby - XBOX 360 controller

I'm not sure if this will be beneficial to you or not. This small program should detect your x-box 360 controller and output the last movement or button presses.

It is not tested extensively... only shortly with my guitar controller, but it seemed to work. I didn't even realize, until now, that my guitar has a tilt sensor inside. LOL! xD

//edit//

I forgot I had a Logitech Dual Action Controller to play with. Here is a new link that will show the position of your analog controllers (I killed the old link... since this does the same thing and more)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3tnzy2ttoam

//edit 2//

I don't have a controller to test the rumble with, but it appears to be very easy to add in. If you'd like me to build another version for you to test with, I can.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It wont make any difference where you post it, if the following hasnt been done:

1. Have you connected your Xbox controller to your PC.
    2. Does it work on any PC game.
    3. Does it appear in your Control Panel/Controller options as a joystick
    4. Can you calibrate it and see the left and right movements working.

Until any of those have been done, it will NOT work.

I HAVE 100% got it working in MMF using just the left and right movement on the left stick using the inbuilt joystick object. If you want more control then you have to use the joypad controller which is not available in the demo.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wont make any difference where you post it, if the following hasnt been done:

Yes to all.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Until any of those have been done, it will NOT work.

I HAVE 100% got it working in MMF using just the left and right movement on the left stick using the inbuilt joystick object. If you want more control then you have to use the joypad controller which is not available in the demo.

I have only one question. The joypad object works fine in 4 direction, but not in 8. For example, left, right, up and down works fine, but not up/left, down/left, up/right and down/right.

It must be a way to fix this or else the extension is useless.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Works fine for me, directions 1, 3, 5, 7 work fine. Maybe verify your joystick is correctly calibrated?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Xbox 360 controller. And in the game controller properties, all directions works fine. But maybe I do something wrong. Can you give me a quick example on how you set up the controller to work for example Up/Right?

Clicker Fusion 2.5XNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yves
    Works fine for me, directions 1, 3, 5, 7 work fine. Maybe verify your joystick is correctly calibrated?
    Does that include the Xbox 360 D-pad?

I've been working with the Joystick 2 object for awhile, and I cannot get 8-directional support from the D-pad (only the Left Thumbstick - I haven't tried the Right Thumbstick). Using the extension, I can only get 4-directional support from the D-pad.

I believe the D-pad is called the Point of View Hat and does show 8-directions when tested in the Windows Control Panel applet. However, the Joystick 2 object only lets you check the POV for forward, reverse, right and left. Try as I might, I've been unable to perform checks like "both forward and right" (which would equate to the player pressing up and right). While this is possilbe with the Thumbstick, the POV check seems more limited.

I'd like to offer players the opportunity to change their controls between the Left Thumbstick and D-pad but that doesn't appear possible as I need to check for 8 directions. Has anyone been able to get 8 directions for the D-pad?