User Tag List

Thread: Viewing PDF Files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Viewing PDF Files

Is there any way to view a PDF file within MMF2 without allowing all the save features etc that come with the Acrobat PDF ActiveX? I just need an ActiveX or extension that allows viewing and just turning the page, but all the OCXs are like $700 or $60 with $15 per app. Anyone know of a free Distributable OCX to do this task? Thanks a bunch!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Viewing PDF Files

I'm basically trying to make a program where someone can just view a ebook (which are usually in pdf, and not save it etc). Is there anyway around this? I thought of having the user go from Word .doc to RTF, but then RTF doesn't register the page breaks. So I'm kinda lost here : (

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Currently you need to use an ActiveX to view PDF files inside MMF. Sorry I do not know of a freeware ActiveX's that can do this.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im just wondering about these ActiveX things, i was curious about loading of ebooks also. I don't want to take over this thread but i have a related question so hopefully it's ok asked here rather than making a new thread for it.

If i was to use the ActiveX object with the acrobat ebook viewer thing when compiled to exe does it then require anyone else that would have/use the app to install acrobat/acrobat files to be able to run it? Or when using the ActiveX does it somehow use/pack the data inside the exe's without extra required downloads/installs?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you have to have installed the adobe acrobat application. This will install the activex as part of the main viewer.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Evoxe
    You just need to install the free Adobe Reader (available from Adobe, believe it or not) and the Reader activeX is installed with it. You can distribute the Reader installer free with your app; Adobe readily gives you permission to do this once you fill in a simple form for them.

You can then save your pdf with certain security settings that prevent the user from saving the file. You need Acrobat pro, or a similar prog to set the security on your pdf document. I use this method and it works really well for allowing users to print and view my pdfs how I want them to, and to prevent them saving or altering the pdfs.

Ask if you need more details.

Rick

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you launch the reader (externally) and pass it a specific pdf?

Let's say my program has 4 buttons, the user clicks button 1 and it loads up adobe reader and loads a specific pdf into it, the same with the other buttons.

Thanks.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's ok, I've figured it out.

I just used 'Execute an external program' and navigated to the pdf reader, then I simply put the name of the pdf to view where it said 'Command line' (in case anyone wanted to know).