User Tag List

Thread: Help with Flight and Text

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with Flight and Text

Hello, I'm new to the community and am not sure if this is the right place, but I need some specific help with a game I'm making for school in MMF2.

1. My player character has a flight mode that can be switched to by pressing key F. However, it will merely switch to animation "fly" while lying on the ground when I press key F. How do I make it so that the character flies up a little in the air when I switch to flight mode?

2. When the character is in flight mode, pressing spacebar will make it jump upward. However, pressing spacebar again will not keep it in the air or make it go any higher, like what you would see in some basic flight games. How do I make it so that when the character is in flight mode, its height and stay in the air is controlled by the spacebar?

3. Finally, I've been trying to create an opening scene for my game for a long time. What happens is when one object falls down, it triggers the two characters to appear on the scene and text appears after a few seconds. The characters then have a conversation. I tried using the timers in order to get the strings to appear and disappear at set intervals, but while the timers would sometimes work with the first string, the rest of the strings would refuse to appear. I tried making it so that when the character runs into an invisible object, the text appears, and when the user presses C, it moves to the next text, deleting the previous line, but when I went to test it only the last line of text showed up. So how do I make it so that the lines of text will show up in the right order at a readable speed?

Please note I am using the student version of MMF2, so I don't know if what I'm looking for is even possible with my version.

Thank you.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Help with Flight and Text

Everything you ask is easily possible.

1. Toggle a flag, and add conditions to your flight mode events "Flag 1 of player is on", and on the non-flight mode events add "Flag 1 of player is off". Other events that are for both modes can be left alone.

2. Do this:
    Upon pressing space bar,
    Flag 2 of Player is off:
    -Set Y position to Y pos-20
    -Set Flag 2 of player on

Then when your player hits the ground turn flag 2 back on.

3. Use the String object and just add more paragraphs. Then just show the next one when the user presses a button.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. I have another issue though: When I used "set Y position to Y pos-20" and first pressed spacebar, the character flew all the way off the screen. It works in keeping it up in the air, but the initial jump is far too high. I've tried decreasing the Y value, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Also, at what action should Flag 1 be first toggled? At the start of the frame?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Also, at what action should Flag 1 be first toggled? At the start of the frame?"

What? No, flags are off at the start of frame automatically. As for the jump thing are you sure you're doing Upon pressing space and not repeat while space pressed?
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3