User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Graphic adventure dialogue system

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm working on a game with classic Lucas Arts style conversations myself, and your method of handling it is much better than mine, Synapse. Maybe I'll try to do something similar. Here is a link to the classic Commodore 64 font used in many Lucas Arts adventure games as my way of thanks: http://www.dafont.com/commodore-64-pixelized.font

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers people.

At the moment I've got a few deadlines to focus on. But in the next couple of weeks or so I intend to try and really nail an extendable system that can be adapted.

At the moment I'm also using a program called Chat Mapper to map out conversations and then export them to rtf or xml, so ultimately the best thing is probably an xml system of some sort, but I'm not sure.

Plus, if it stays in ini files that gives games the maximum portability to other runtimes. My interest is Flash and iOS personally.

Cheers again. Have a look and see what you can do with it and repost if you make any improvements.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so as promised (and prompted by Mehrdad - cheers!), here's the point and click demo stuff I was working on.

It's all crappy graphics and animation, but point of it is to show some systems stitched together to form the potential for a point and click engine. In particular, it took AGES to make the dialogue trees system. There are two simple puzzles in there and I hope that I've shown how the scripting system can be extended.

I'm sure that all the stuff here could be improved upon, but it's a start. It seems that no-one else has ever been interested in doing a point-and-click in MMF2 (and I can understand why, with the availability of AGS), but there could still be great potential in working on this - not least because you get more control over how your game could work (even if you have to pump a LOT more time into the venture!).

So here's the link to the file on my public dropbox.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymbevaf45a...ick%20Demo.rar

If someone could compress the graphics and re-upload it to the forums for posterity that would be great.

I hope this helps someone.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Oh really thanks for this excellent post.we have to make and optimize this engine for get best result.Adventure point and click is still very very nice genre .

Please help for live this topic.Its very serious start and happy news for make AAA Adventure games with MMF2

Thanks a lot "TheSynapse" for alive this genre.
    Any help and any suggestion is helpful for all.

Best
    Mehrdad

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very impressive work. I hope you finish it!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSynapse View Post
    It seems that no-one else has ever been interested in doing a point-and-click in MMF2
    Well, apart from me who started the topic three years ago, LOL. I've reprised the work on a similar system a month ago and I'm writing a script editor right now.
    I've followed TheSynapse's work lately and I think he's doing great things. Just tested this new engine: it's a major improvement over the previous one. The dream to see a full functional adventure engine is finally becoming real.
    I'm realizing that my approach to scripting actions and dialogue is quite different. That's why I like MMF, for the unlimited possibilities it offers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 yrs later... is there a way to try this example in the new mf2.5 ?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 years later... What is going on here?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3