Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How to OINC up my game?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to OINC up my game?

Ok I have a chat-room in progress and so far it works perfectly but the OINC part i'm not too good at.

The main-window of the Chat-program is a big room filled with people of different appearances and clothes and you can walk about it, now this so far works exactly how I want to.

My Questions are:

I have basic knowlegde of OINC and have already made a simple chat program with MOO but have neer made anything remotly game like, so how do I do so?

How do I get the other player's different appearances and positions up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to OINC up my game?

I was just simply wondering whats the best way of doing this, I know i should blast the appearance settings and appearances and I know how to most stuff with OINC; I want advice really thats all not a big how-to manual (already got one thanks).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game still not finished but I need help For Fudge Sake, iv'e got all the basic OINC things in (Join, Name, Talk, Whisper), I have everything except movement and appearances of other peers now because nobody replied to me to tell me how to do it.

I can put my game up here if that would help?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a look at my Gamer's Chat Example, at the drawing part. Instead of sending the position of the drawing things when a user is drawing, send them when a player moves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, that doe's wrap my head around the basic idea of it and because of that iv'e got loads more sub-channels availible now if I use Tokens.

Should I blast the coordinates, angle, animation & direction of each player? and if so then how often?

OR:

Should I send the pressing of buttons on and off? And if so then how do I fix innacuracies?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blast any information that is not completely necessary for the game to work, and as often as you want. Just don't count on it working all the time. Also, blasting currently does not work at ALL. There is a good tutorial by Flava on how to send coordinates here. Just substitute MOO with OINC.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does! I uploaded a new build last night.

http://oinc.aquadasoft.com/OINC.zip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dragonguy needs OINC Game Beta Testers

To the best of my newly founded ability I have finished the game for now and it now needs to be tested to see if it works properly, it is self-exlanatory excpet for the ping function I chose not to make that.

My only regret is that it is difficult to tell player from player unless you recognise their outfit.

I'll be back much later to ask some Poll Questions for improovements.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right here are the voting questions?
    • What perspective should I have my game at? Topdown (currently), Isometric or Platform?
    • Should I have one area with one town for players of a certain level for example a noobie town, a moderate town, a experienced town and a pro town or should I have one area with one town for to players of a particular interest for example a metallurgy town (with a huge mine), an archery town, a fishing coastal village or a woodcutting & carpentry town?
    • What styles, clothes or colours do you want in the game?
    • What skills do you want? Few Suggestions: Mining? Metallurgy? Fishing? Cooking? Treechopping? Carpentry? Pottery? Tailoring? Fletching? Gun-Making? Spinning? Weaving? Farming? Leatherworking? Chemistry? Magic?
    • What Missions/Quests do you want?
    • When should my game be set? Ancient? Medieval? Renasonce? Industrial? Modern? Future?
    The only new OINC feature the game will have is Trading, it will be a very client-side MOG.
    The game will also have hungar/thirst/fatigue, you will have to eat, drink and sleep for 3 seconds every 30 minutes or such in game or your character dies (you loose no items).

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dragonguy
    Right here are the voting questions?
    Yes, I'm pretty sure they are.

• What perspective should I have my game at? Topdown (currently), Isometric or Platform?
    Topdown. EDIT: Angled if you can manage it, so it's still a normal grid, but you can see the side of people: like this.
    • Should I have one area with one town for players of a certain level for example a noobie town, a moderate town, a experienced town and a pro town or should I have one area with one town for to players of a particular interest for example a metallurgy town (with a huge mine), an archery town, a fishing coastal village or a woodcutting & carpentry town?
    All of the above.
    • What styles, clothes or colours do you want in the game?
    I like suits of armour, they don't come in many colours so perhaps a feather plume in the helmet
    • What skills do you want? Few Suggestions: Mining? Metallurgy? Fishing? Cooking? Treechopping? Carpentry? Pottery? Tailoring? Fletching? Gun-Making? Spinning? Weaving? Farming? Leatherworking? Chemistry? Magic?
    Magic and Forging, at least. I like making things. If the skills list ends up like in Dwarf Fortress, you've probably gone too far.
    [size:8pt](OT: A fortress called Boatmurdered is hilarious)[/size]
    • What Missions/Quests do you want?
    Sneaky ones are good. PvP missions are really good, i.e. set up so that one person is given "guard this area" and then when they get there another person is given a mission to go there and do something, and the first has to try to stop them. Might be hard to pull off well, but you could at least do "go guard this area" and have the NPCs come to you for a change.
    • When should my game be set? Ancient? Medieval? Renasonce? Industrial? Modern? Future?
    Medieval is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonguy
    The only new OINC feature the game will have is Trading, it will be a very client-side MOG.
    The game will also have hungar/thirst/fatigue, you will have to eat, drink and sleep for 3 seconds every 30 minutes or such in game or your character dies (you loose no items).
    As long as you are warned WELL in advance about needing to eat, drink and sleep, fine. If you are warned late enough that you could be in battle the whole time between being warned and dieing, BAD.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast