Thread: HWA Zoom Effect Bug

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HWA Zoom Effect Bug

I was planning on making a HWA zoom system and then i read this -

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=161298#Post1612 98

I made a quick example to show the bug i think they were talking about. What happens is that if a object reaches the edge of the frame it distorts across the remaining part. The shader says to use a 1 pixel gap so that would probably fix though.

As well as demonstrating this problem though it's a simple working example for anyone that want to know how to do a HWA zoom.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HWA Zoom Effect Bug

Here is a better one with a fixed zoom range but the zoom causes X/Y offset. I tried to scale it to the frame but it's slightly off for the corner areas so maybe someone could fix it if possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody know how to sort the scaling?

Im trying to get the active the stay center of the view even when zooming in/out but no luck so far. It seems to work with certain parts of the area but others it offsets or goes out of view when the zoom is changed. Im not amazing with maths though so im probably missing something.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're over complicating it, unless i missed what you wanted to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im happy someone took notice of this thread and thanks but yeah you missed what i was trying to do slightly.

What i aim to do is always keep the player centered when zooming in. The example you post does not do this in all areas so for example if you go to the corners and area edges and fully zoom you can't see the player anymore because it zooms to the frame center instead. This is why i do the extra maths and use the zoom+offset effect rather than just a simple zoom but i can't get it to work how i need though.

Yours centers the view well but because of the edge bit it means you always have a area on the frame you can never use. In a game i could just fill it with extra background bits and stop movement at the edge so this is still useful and i will probably just end up doing this i guess. Thanks

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it can ever work the way you want because it can't zoom beyond the boundries of the frame size.

You prbably have to do what you said and leave a boarder around the edge where the player can't go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could do it only you need the extra stuff for it to work which is why i posted as i got stuck with it. Thats actually the reason i was using the offset zoom instead and could get it to zoom to the corner parts so the top corner of the camera went to the very edge of the frame with no overlaps. This is what happens in the example i posted but the problem was it wouldn't center for other parts in the frame even though it worked for that task. As well as the edges it also works for the exact center so i think with adjusted maths it would work though maybe, i think adjusting the maths depending on the position is what i need but no luck so far though.

I can do what was said though and just work with a cropped frame area but originally i was aiming to be able to use the full frame. Maybe i am over complicating it though trying to use the full area so it might not be worth it although it's part way there so im sure it can be done.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Your examples are both wonderful! It works smooth and the center frame scrolling issue works fine too. The borders....well i would not care too much about that. Good job! Very good job! And easy to understand too!

Jot

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Question:

Would it be possible to zoom out? I mean not to get closer to the object but more far away. I tried it directly on the zoom shader (on the layers) but it made everything stretch apart. It would be more useful if you can zoom out i think...

cheers

Jot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could fake it by setting the default zoom in half way so your default view is already in part way then it looks like a zoom out when you move it out to the true amount.

Another way would be to maybe make the graphics double+ size and scale them as well as using the zoom effect but i have not tried this. Im guessing this would be annoying to setup levels/frames also doing this but if it worked it might look nicer maybe. I think there is some zooming examples around that do it without the HWA effects so maybe if you find them you could edit it to use the other method they have with the HWA zoom also.