User Tag List

Thread: Benefits for MMF2 user on getting Dev Version?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benefits for MMF2 user on getting Dev Version?

So I was thinking about the more benefits of using MMF2 Dev, rather than MMF2 standard edition.
    http://www.clickteam.com/website/usa/product_comparisons.html
    I was looking at this chart. So does it really have the ability to change over the EXE file? If I buy MMF2 Dev, and build my app as EXE file, can I really change the details? Can I even change the copyrght from Clickteam to my name, or any other name I wish to credit to?

I already spent money on Games Factory 1 (way before MMF2's time). Then I spent my money on MMF2, hoping to create a game with it. But when I look at the EXE, the game file still says its by ClickTeam, when the game was made by me. Doesn't sound right, IMHO.

Also, considering that Clickteam is working on a Flash build feature fro MMF2/MMF2Dev, that's just more money to spend there. So I can't figure out whether or not to wait and see about prices for if I'd want to buy MMF2Dev & the flash build (when its released) separately, or if there will be a flash build included in the MMF2Dev package for when its done, or what.

Though I can't really say the same for waiting for a MMF3Dev version. Considering I remember saying that MMF3 is WAY TOO FAR from being soon to be finished.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Benefits for MMF2 user on getting Dev Version?

Quote Originally Posted by N64Mario
    So does it really have the ability to change over the EXE file? If I buy MMF2 Dev, and build my app as EXE file, can I really change the details? Can I even change the copyrght from Clickteam to my name, or any other name I wish to credit to?
    Of course yes You can change the file description. E.g. replacing the text "Multimedia Fusion Application Runtime" with your own text (your game name, your branding etc.).

Other than that, you can sell your games without placing Clickteam banner on your game. Also it supports more object like Dialog Object, Trial Period Object, Data Grid, COM+ Object, Registry++ etc.

Better upgrade your MMF2 now. We all even the admin don't know when MMF3 will be released.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another question.
    If I make a game open source with MMF2 Dev, can someone with MMF2 Standard open up my games source code, as long as there are no other tools used specific to MMF2 Dev?

Also, I remember there was a discount or something for MMF2 Users so I don't have to pay full price for MMF2 Dev. Does anyone have that link?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as you don't use/include any extensions that are dev-only, other users can open your files in Standard. For the upgrade discount, here you go.

http://www.clickteam.com/eng/upgrade.php

stephen1980

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Developer version removes all traces of you building it with MMF. No clickteam copyright and build information. You can name your own copyright, version number, and file description, and it will show that way when you look at the properties of the application. The applications are backwards compatible with MMF2 standard if you didn't use extensions (and possibly TGF2). So, i'd say it is well worth the investment. You will have to pay for the flash runtime either way, it isn't free for developer users or standard. MMF3 won't be out anytime soon by the way. Might be a couple of years. So people can stop using that in reference to their immediate decisions.

Plus, its purple! The best color ever!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well.... I was thinking that, once Clickteam released the flash build, it would be included in their package, having to pay for it anyway. In other words.
    - If customer is NOT MMF2 user - Customer buys MMF2 with flash build included in package.
    - If customer is MMF2 User - Customer Buys flash build separately.
    If the first one is true, I might as well wait until Clickteam releases the flash build to buy MMF2 Dev. But if its not, then I may just try looking at MMF2Dev anyway.

Also, how long does the discount order take to go through? I placed my upgrade discount order submission. It said that the email was sent. So I just have to wait until CLickteam gives me a valid discount # or something?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go with developer.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

N64Mario - Please use this page for a bit faster results.

http://www.clickteam.com/website/usa/upgrades.html

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. I just did that one. So now that I did both, Does that mean you get two emails, or just one?