User Tag List

Thread: Resize display disables frame window resizing

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resize display disables frame window resizing

Hi. I have an application where I need to use both the "resize display to fill window size" and the action Frame Window -> Set Width/Height in the Window Control object.
    However, having the first on makes the second do nothing at all. Can this be fixed?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Resize display disables frame window resizing

This can't be fixed, because when the "resize display to fill window size" option is selected the frame window has always the same size as the main window.

I don't see very well what you want to do, but maybe you could use the Storyboard / Frame / Set Frame Width/Height functions instead?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can also use the "resize" commands of the windows control object, which should work- its how I'm doing it in my program to work around the same problem.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm using the viewport object and I need to have the ability to zoom out.

I have this

and I need to have it zoom out like this (this is without "resize display to fill window size"):

however that doesn't work with "resize display to fill window size". It looks like this:

I can't use the 'resize' action in the Window Control object since it resizes the actual window - that is not what I want. And I need "resize display to fill window size" on.

Maybe you could add in a workaround for this in MMF2?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A dirty hack is to set the windows size to something big from the start of the level and then resize it back to the desired size immediately. This means that while zoomed in, MMF2 still draws whats outside the visible borders. This allows you to zoom out the way you want it, but it means some big limitations on how you can manage your window sizes and stuff like that.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That works. What I'm personally doing is having my entire application consist of *two* frames instead of one: my engine is actually loaded as a subapplication inside another frame. The "loader" has its window resized, whereas the subapplication is actually larger than the window- the game is drawing areas offscreen, because otherwise when the screen rotated you'd see black triangles on the edges (your distortion on your game is because you don't have a 1 pixel black border around your image- the viewport object can only 'view' areas of the screen that MMF2 is rendering, and the rest are being covered with the pixel on the border of that image)

I had a resize zoom in example posted on the forums a while back using the viewport object, but its much more efficient to use a pixel shader if possible depending on what you want- I found that just from graphical rendering alone zooming out too far would be too strenuous on most systems- it would have to render a *huge* area in order to zoom that far.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any chance you could make a video of this? I'd like to see it in action.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was about to make a new thread, but this one seems to fit my problem.
    Im not sure i have the 'exact' same problem though.

Viewing my example, is it possible at all to resize the Frame/ Frame Viewport when 'Resize display to fit current window size' is enabled in the Applications properties?
    Ive tried many resize combinations, but have found none that work?

Reason i want to do this is i want to, at the same time:
    ( A ) - Have an Application able to resize, or go fullscreen at the Users convenience
    ( B ) - Give the same Application the flexebility to change its 'aspect ratio', so it can propperly go fullscreen on different displays of different aspect ratios ( without stretching the display or adding 'black bars' )

^ Is this still not possible?
    Only workaround i know of would be to make seperate versions of the same Application, having a different Frame sized to support a different display proportion/ aspect ratio.
    Attached files Attached files