Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Restart the frame

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Restart the frame

I have three 800 x 600 screens in one frame.
    When I lose a life, the frame is restarting. But if I lose a life on screen 2, I want the player to start on screen 2. So is it possible to restart the frame and position the player on screen 2? I can't use the "Restart the current frame" It doesn't work.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Restart the frame

Use a global value. When you get to frame 2 set Global Value A to 2.

When you restart the game have an event that:

Global Value A =2
    >Jump to frame 2

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you maybe misunderstood a little. I have only one frame, but 3 screens in the frame. The player get all the coins on screen one before he get to screen two.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you use the same Global Value method and instead use 2 global values for X, Y position and restart in screen 2 based on X, Y of the Global Values?

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. If I use "Restart the current frame" under "Storyboard Controls", it starts at the beginning on the frame, screen 1. I have tried with a counter and an alterable value, but it doesn't work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabagast
    I don't know. If I use "Restart the current frame" under "Storyboard Controls", it starts at the beginning on the frame, screen 1. I have tried with a counter and an alterable value, but it doesn't work.
    Well you can't use "Restart the current frame" if you have multiple screens in one frame. Wherever your player is initially when the frame is started, is where they will return when using that command (so in this case, it will make them start over on the first screen every time).

So, in this case, you can't use any of the Storyboard controls. You'll have to set up your own events using the method nivram suggested where you set the Player's X and Y coordinates depending on the Global Value. So, if player dies and Global Value = 1, position player at X,Y in screen 1, and do that for every screen you have in the frame.

Alternatively, you could make each screen in an individual frame if you want to use the Storyboard controls.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, but will all the coins I have picked be replaced? It's therefor I want to restart, but I will just restart the screen the player is on.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, but will all the coins I have picked be replaced? It's therefor I want to restart, but I will just restart the screen the player is on.
    Well, that will be a bit more tricky. You can do that, but you'll have to add more events. There's not really a good way to do that that doesn't require a lot of work, so I would suggest just splitting the screens up into separate frames and using the storyboard controls to restart frame.

But if you don't want to do that, probably the best way would be to use an array to track what coins were picked up, and when the player dies, check the array, and if a coin was picked up, create a new coin in its location.

Edit - You could also actually use an even easier method I didn't think of when I posted this. You CAN use the restart current frame, but, after the frame is restarted you'll have to position the X,Y of the player to be on the proper screen. You might need to use a solid object on a top layer to cover the screen temporarily, as you would probably see some warping movement of them first appearing on screen 1 then moving to whatever the current screen is. That would work quite well actually and I would recommend doing that.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I should split up the screens into 3 frames instead. The reason why I will use 3 screens in one frame, is that it will be a lot of frames.

It should be possible to have frames in different folders. For example on level 1, I have 6 frames, level 2, 9 frames, etc.
    So all the frames to level 1 should be in it's own folder

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I should split up the screens into 3 frames instead. The reason why I will use 3 screens in one frame, is that it will be a lot of frames.

It should be possible to have frames in different folders. For example on level 1, I have 6 frames, level 2, 9 frames, etc.
    So all the frames to level 1 should be in it's own folder
    Yeah I agree with you. There really needs to be a better way to organize frames.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast