Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to change "\\n" to "$". i.e. change the second line to:

return "`" .. x .. y:gsub("`","$") .. "`"

Is that what you mean?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I figured that part out, but I was trying to make it so I could have something directly following the "=" because right now it only works if I do this:

item=
    string1
    string2
    string3

And not if I do this:

item=string1
    string2
    string3

I'm trying to end up with an output like this
    item=string1$string2$string3

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    You need to change "\\n" to "$". i.e. change the second line to:

return "`" .. x .. y:gsub("`","$") .. "`"

Is that what you mean?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it's my fault because in my original example I had:
    item=
    this
    is
    a
    string

But the way my scripting works if the first string following the "=" is like a command, with the following strings after each delimiter acting as parameters, so I'm trying to format things like this:

[group]
    item=command
    _____parameter1
    _____parameter2
    _____parameter3

And have it come out like this:

item=command$parameter1$parameter2$parameter3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CruddyBuddy View Post
    Well I figured that part out, but I was trying to make it so I could have something directly following the "=" because right now it only works if I do this:

item=
    string1
    string2
    string3

And not if I do this:

item=string1
    string2
    string3

I'm trying to end up with an output like this
    item=string1$string2$string3
    Ah sorry I didn't get what you meant!

Perhaps try this:

function helper(x,y)
    return x .. y:gsub("\n","$") .. "\n"
    end
    function fix(a)
    local b="\n" .. a:gsub("\r?\n","\n") .. "\n"
    return b:gsub("([^=\n]+%=)([^=%[]*)\n",helper):gsub("\n","\r\n")
    end

I haven't had a chance to really test it, but that should allow multi-line entries which don't start on an empty line. I thought that was part of your desired format, sorry! I also changed it a little bit more so it doesn't use backticks anymore, which I thought was to get around some special behaviour in gsub and newlines, but apparently I just imagined that.

I should note that multiline entries cannot have a left-square bracket ("[") in them. If that's a problem there might be some ways around it, but hopefully it isn't such a big issue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you again, for your help.

It looks like it DOES allow multiline entries like this:
    line=
    command
    string1
    string2
    etc

But it doesn't automatically remove the TABs, so I end up with this: line=command$_____string1$_____string2 if I have TABs in my original ini.

As I mentioned before, I'm using _____ to represent TABs here in the forum

Ah sorry I didn't get what you meant!

Perhaps try this:

function helper(x,y)
    end
    function fix(a)
    return b:gsub("([^=\n]+%=)([^=%[]*)\n",helper):gsub("\n","\r\n")
    end

I haven't had a chance to really test it, but that should allow multi-line entries which don't start on an empty line. I thought that was part of your desired format, sorry! I also changed it a little bit more so it doesn't use backticks anymore, which I thought was to get around some special behaviour in gsub and newlines, but apparently I just imagined that.

I should note that multiline entries cannot have a left-square bracket ("[") in them. If that's a problem there might be some ways around it, but hopefully it isn't such a big issue.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CruddyBuddy View Post
    But it doesn't automatically remove the TABs
    The "tab" character is indicated in Lua and most other languages by "\t", which I don't see in the code you quoted. I don't know Lua, but
    Code:
    function helper(x,y)
    end
    function fix(a)
    return b:gsub("([^=\n]+%=)([^=%[]*)\n",helper):gsub("\t+",""):gsub("\n","\r\n")
    end
    may work for you. Substitutes (replaces) "\t+" into empty text, where \t is tab, and + indicates the previous thing must occur 1 or more times, so will replace \t, \t\t, \t\t\t... with empty text. You can see gsub patterns explained here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I continued the conversation via PM to stop spamming this thread too much, but that's not dissimilar to the way went for (except I put it in helper in the form ^\t* so that it was only indent lines, but I doubt there is any practical distance)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I continued the conversation via PM to stop spamming this thread too much, but that's not dissimilar to the way went for (except I put it in helper in the form ^\t* so that it was only indent lines, but I doubt there is any practical distance)
    Yea, I keep answering problems already answered today...
    Was there a reason Ini++1.5 doesn't support Unicode? I could help port it if there's no practical reason like an incompatible static library.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for responding and for explaining how some of it works! I got used to being able to use tabs for formatting code in other scripts and then realized my ini files would be much easier to read if I could do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    The "tab" character is indicated in Lua and most other languages by "\t", which I don't see in the code you quoted. I don't know Lua, but
    Code:
    function helper(x,y)
    end
    function fix(a)
    return b:gsub("([^=\n]+%=)([^=%[]*)\n",helper):gsub("\t+",""):gsub("\n","\r\n")
    end
    may work for you. Substitutes (replaces) "\t+" into empty text, where \t is tab, and + indicates the previous thing must occur 1 or more times, so will replace \t, \t\t, \t\t\t... with empty text. You can see gsub patterns explained here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason was just that Unicode MMF didn't exist at the time I wrote it! You are free to convert it - you can get the latest code off Clickteam, I think Yves has it - but beware! I wrote it when I was about 15. It is not good!

(The chart object being written before HWA was a bigger disappointment, as it doesn't work at all now, and I thought it was pretty cool)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast