User Tag List

Thread: getting into a vehicle?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

getting into a vehicle?

hey guys, i was wondering how to get my character get in a car. i have made hime get in it before using (in my opinion) a complicated method and im sure there must be a simple way to do it. so if anyone could give me a step by step way to get in and out of cars that would be great. also my character is using eight directions as his movement.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: getting into a vehicle?

Probably the simplest way would be to draw a sprite of the character driving the car in 8 directions in your character's animations list. Make a separate sprite of the car parked.

When character collides or overlaps with the car and you press a key to activate/use/open car door etc., then set character's position to the same position as the car, change his animation to driving and destroy the parked car.

When he gets out of the car, create the parked car sprite at the character's current position and change his animation to walking.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes a seperate animation set for a car with no one in the vehicle is best.

To get your character in the car to start with... hmm i guess this is kind of old GTA1 type? I would consider placing an invisible border around the car, and then checking when there is a collision between the walking person and the invisible border, when the player presses Enter (or another key), make the player character disappear, and change the animation of the car.

You will need to center the invisible border on the car. This will mean that the player could drive the car, get out, and then get back in the car (as the border will still be in the correct position).

As you will be scrolling, you would need to scroll the center of the frame based on the car, rather than the player...

And dont forget you will need a flag, so that you can get out of the car when the player presses Enter a second time (Set the flag to 1 when in the car and 0 when not in a car).

hope some of that makes sense

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome ive got that to work, now how would i make it so when the car hits too many objects it blows up/stops working/etc and how would i make it have fuel?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for fuel i would use a horizantal bar counter

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use a counter or alterable value. Use it to count how many times the car hits an object (or group of objects).

Or

Use the counter as the car's 'health' and make it count down on impact. When it hits zero, blow the car up!

For fuel, use a counter object and create something like this:

Every 1 second+Car is moving or engine switched on --> subtract 1 from fuel.

Make sure when you code your car's movement or engine start you include +Fuel Counter>0

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can i use multiple counters? im currently using: 1 score object (ammo), 1 counter object( money) and 1 health object (health)

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just create a new counter object . You can use multiple counter objects as long as you name them differently.