User Tag List

Thread: Driver Problem

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Driver Problem

I am running MMF2 on a new windows 7 laptop. I am trying to run a program that worked in win xp but does not run in windows 7. I believe I am missing one (or more) drivers, but since there are no error messages, I don't know which drivers I need.

The problem occurs with my animation object which is an AVI video. Nothing appears except for a gray box with an X in it. I am able to play the video using windows media player outside of MMF2, but within MMF2, it does not play.

Thanks,
    Brian

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Driver Problem

AVI is a container for any video codec. Windows Media Player plays videos using Windows' codecs, and so does the direct-show object. No idea about the animation object. Are you sure it worked before?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Dynasoft is correct. You are missing the video codec.

If you are using xp mode to run the app then you might have to install the codec on the virtual machine, but I'm not sure.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a video codec tool called g-spot that will tell you what codec is missing. I find that encoding to a WMV containter will fix movie issues.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the suggestions.

The strange thing is that the AVI file does play when
    it's in a direct show object. When it's in an animation, it does not play. So if it was a codec issue, wouldn't it be consistently playing (or not playing)? Similarly, it plays
    in windows media player, but not as an animation object.

I'm trying to run this video clip as a background to some active objects. The easiest solution would be just
    to embed the avi as a direct show object,since this is playing
    as expected. Unfortunately, when I try this, the direct show object video is in front of all other objects in
    the entire frame. I have tried to have them on different layers, layer objects, and adjusting the ordering to be in back. In the editor, the direct show object is behind the active objects, but when it plays, this order is not obeyed.

On windows XP, I used an animation object instead of a direct show object, and then the order is behaving as expected. This is the root of the reason why I want to change to an animation object, but in reality, there may be other easier ways to get
    my problem solved.

Thanks again,
    Brian