User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Active Shape object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Active Shape object

Thanks again Retreiver2, This extension, though technically "unfinished" has already been a life saver in allowing me to continue making progress on my big project. Its really become an invaluable extension.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Active Shape is an excellent replacement for String object with Wipe Background option :grin:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Retreiver2,

thanks again for this awesome extension. I think I noticed something about the way the extension works that is slightly troublesome.

I'm using a fastloop to create several active shapes and setting their respective shapoes, sizes and colors. The issue is that when you set a new shape, size or color, the change doesn not seem to take immediate effect... it seems that it is not until perhaps the next loop of the program that thes newly set atributes are updated...

Is this true and if so is there any way this could be changed so that the change is made immediately?

The issue is I'm trying to create animations using active shapes and for frames that are displayed or a small fraction if time , the changes never occur.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That could be similar to the glitches i was having with custom shapes, it would animate but the points would glitch and not update smoothly.

I have been waiting for a update on this object also as it was great. Since Retriever2 makes the XLua object (i think) as well as image loading/fill idea being able to use Lua for this and maybe other graphics stuff might be nice also. You can do that now to a point by sending values with Lua but maybe it would be good as a dll to use directly like the array and OpenGL as well as the standard MMF object.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you need it to update more frequently than once per frame? It does defer rebuilding the object, because it's relatively expensive to rebuild and MMF will only display an updated version once per frame.

I know there's still a couple bugs I'd like to fix but I'm probably going to be stalled out for at least a couple more weeks until my semester draws to a close.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I'm trying to create a 20 frame per second animation. I use a fastloop to create and set the shape, color etc. of several active shape objects every 5 hundreths of a second.

The problem is, the active shape appears in only its default settings for that 20th of a second... and it never takes on the properties I set because it switches to a new frame before it ever sets itself to the settings from the fastloop.

So, it looks like if in one line of code (in a fast loop) you create it AND set its atributes, it will ONLY create it durring the fastloop and will not actually change it to the atributes you set until the next loop of the main code.

It seems it is able to draw it with its default settings, so It should have the time to draw it with the settings from the fastloop, right... At least I hope thats possible.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's to much for the redrawing, the glitches i have here -

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=172079#Post1720 79

Probably don't need to be updated as often i am guessing so on second thoughts they might not be bugs that are linked but maybe. If you redraw and send point data etc so much in a short time it would definitely need a fast refresh to work smoothly. You should post a example or send the mfa to Retriever2 imo because when fixing things it's better to have something to test so hopefully when he has time these bugs can get sorted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my point was it HAD the time to draw the newly created active shape with its default settings, so it had the time to draw the active shape. I only wish it didn't bother drawing the active shape UNTIL it had also received the new settings on the same event in the fastloop.

what it seems to be doing:
    1) create AND DRAW the active shape object with its default settings, even if new settings are set in the same event
    2) "cue" the new settings and NOT draw it with its new settings until the next loop...

what I wish it did:

1)create the new active shape AND draw it with its new settings if new settings are made within the same event and or a fastloop.

maybe the only solution would be a more sophisticate "create" command like "create with settings" where you would then need to enter expressions for all of its possible settings? I hope not..

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please send an example.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll make an example asap...unfortunately that wont be untill sometime tomorrow. I really apreciate you're looking into it.. hopeully I'm just doin something stupid.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast