User Tag List

Thread: Detect player position between frames.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Detect player position between frames.

Hi.

Now i have sorted out the last problem i have come across another :mad:.
    In my platform game you sometimes have two ways to get to the next frame.

I will make this as clear as i can.

On one frame i have a platform suspended in the air and a platform on the ground. Now, the player can leave the frame on either the suspended platform or the platform on the ground. Now, how do i set it up so that if the player is on the suspended plaform and he enters the next frame he it still on a suspended platform and the same for the platform on the ground? Else i will end up with two on the next frame, one on the platform and one on the ground platform.

It would have been better and easier if you could just setup the player movements in one frame which would them be used throughout the game instead of having to setup the player in every frame.

Please bare in mind that i am new to MMF2 and just learning.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Worf

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Detect player position between frames.

Could use a Global value and set the Y position so on colision with the frame edge you set the value. You could then put an event on start of frame position player based on global value X

mojofltr

Quote Originally Posted by Worf

On one frame i have a platform suspended in the air and a platform on the ground. Now, the player can leave the frame on either the suspended platform or the platform on the ground. Now, how do i set it up so that if the player is on the suspended plaform and he enters the next frame he it still on a suspended platform and the same for the platform on the ground? Else i will end up with two on the next frame, one on the platform and one on the ground platform.
    Another idea would be to have a larger frame and then set up your scrolling so that it flips from one area to the next as the player moves along. Here is an example:

View MFA

It would have been better and easier if you could just setup the player movements in one frame which would them be used throughout the game instead of having to setup the player in every frame.
    In your application properties menu, you can set up Global Events. These will be constant throughout your game/app.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a complicated matter, but you're better off by finding the pixels between the player and the floor and positioning him on the next frame to a predefined Y position minus the pixels you calculated.

The matter is that if you just save the Y position to a global value, you'll need to have that entrance be at the same Y coordinates. You could design your game like that, I suppose, but you'll be terribly limited and will be wasting resources just to meet those standards.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mojofltr
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf

Another idea would be to have a larger frame and then set up your scrolling so that it flips from one area to the next as the player moves along. Here is an example:

View MFA

In your application properties menu, you can set up Global Events. These will be constant throughout your game/app.

Thank you mojofltr

I think this is just what i need, Just have to redo the map to one large area instead of using different frames.
    Will give it a go.

Regards

Worf

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Joshua, Texas, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group, Unverse 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep in mind larger frames, depending on the size of your game, can really eat up performance. Since you would be starting at pre-defined positions anyway, there isn't much need to worry about saving actual positions.

Just have a single global value, "path chosen" or something, which gets set when the player exits the frame. When you start the next frame, depending on which path was chosen, set the player wherever you want.

That way, if say you wanted one path to lead to a small secret room or something, you might want the secret room to just be centered in the next frame, and not at whatever screen position you exited from the previous frame. Pretty simple