User Tag List

Thread: LUA IDE

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LUA IDE

If anyone is interested i found this great IDE for coding lua scripts - QDE. It is not free, but it is not too expensive. You can try it by downloading trial version here http://www.quotixsoftware.com/qde_index.htm
    It is not perfect, but it is much better than SciTE.
    You can also download my keyworld list(for syntax highlight of xlua mmf interface and luagl function/constants and their parameters) here http://rapidshare.com/files/319344230/QDE_1.0.ZIP
    Just copy to install directory and overwrite existing files.

And if anyone know any better IDE then QDE that can do at least the same stuff, then please let me know. I have tried many already but i might have missed some.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: LUA IDE

Nice, i usually just use Notepad++ to edit/make code although my current installed version does not have LUA highlighting but there might be a plugin available. Notepad++ might be worth a look for general code editing though if you haven't already tried it but it's mainly just a really good text editor. Thanks for the program link i will have to give this a try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty cool, I'm about 80% threw witting a Lua IDE at the moment (which has some really cool features, including a mode to program Lua in a similar interface to MMF), I'll upload it as soon as it's finished.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did actually start an xlua-focused ide (which itself would be scriptable), allowing you to for example use the opengl object or the mmf interface with it

however i really havent had the motivation to work on it recently

what i DO want in a lua ide is a decent function lister, because in at least the free ides i've tried i've had to settle for two of these three options:
    1. decent (as in it lists all the functions that AREN'T commented out, nests them within relevant tables, etc; this pretty much leaves out notepad++'s function list plugin)
    2. actually exists for lua
    3. free

a simple idea of what i am thinking of is here
    although there would be other options like being able to disable nesting and sorting functions alphabetically or by location. in addition, knowing me, i would also add the number of function arguments used in the definition (and indicating vararg) and maybe a really conservative attempt at figuring out the return value(s) (possibly making functions with multiple return values expandable, listing each return value)

of course the problem with this is that you'd have to use lpeg or something to do a quick parse of the script to catch all the different types of function definitions, and to determine if a function declaration is actually a method declaration. you'd also have to figure out whether or not to include truly anonymous functions and how to handle closures and other fun stuff

EDIT: i may end up trying this anyway so someone making their own ide could integrate it sometime... tbqh i only need this and would rather not have to write an entire ide just for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice ideas, being able to program LUA like MMF sounds interesting SEELE i look forward to testing that. Im guessing you use a MMF style events list and then output LUA code?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats correct, i think MMF style code (or what i call parallel programming) could be applied to a number of languages, and be easily extended; the initial extensions included will allow you to make high quality 3D games; Look out for the BETA :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, looking forward to testing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been working on a general purpose level editor for a while and the scripting has gotten quite complex that it's difficult to pick up after leaving it for a while. I may need to look at an IDE.