User Tag List

Thread: Global Events

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Global Events

I am trying to make a game, in which different frames are different levels. I want the same events used in every frame, so if I make a change, I don't have to make it in every frame. I tried using global events, but I'm using a lof of qualifiers, which for some reason aren't allowed in global events. (Why is that?)

Is there any way around this? Can I make the events of one frame automatically impose on the other frames, even with qualifiers?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Global Events

Make a template frame and use it for each frame. All you would need to do is copy and paste the frame.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a weak point of MMF. If you copy/paste the code of each frame, make sure every object is already present in the target frame!

A different approach is one frame which contains the code and loads the level data you need. But you'd have to write your own level editor, which is a real pain for more complex games.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hiddicop
    I tried using global events, but I'm using a lof of qualifiers, which for some reason aren't allowed in global events. (Why is that?)
    The answer is simple: The feature has not been implemented and we can't know how difficult it would be to do so.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was referring copy and paste the whole template frame, not the code. That would be painful and a waste. If you use the template frame each time you do not have to worry about having all the objects, or copy and paste code.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be nice to have many Global Event Behaviours (kind of like what you can do with object behaviours: behaviour 1, behaviour 2, etc.). It would also be nice to be able to set on each frame if it is affected by xx global behaviour or by none at all.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies!

I guess I will have to have a single frame in which I do all the changes, which I then copy and paste onto all the other frames. It will require a great deal of pasting, but I think making a level editor would require even more work.

Hopefully this issue will be resolved in future versions. I also think Alonsos suggestitions are great.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nivram
    I was referring copy and paste the whole template frame, not the code.
    Yes, that's the way to go and it's fine if you have definitely all objects and features your game will ever need. Of course the code should be perfect and free of bugs before starting to copy/paste. But there are mean people like publishers and portals which may require some changes afterwards and then the fun begins

Therefore my No1 wish for MMF3 is the ability to have multiple frames with identical code and objects, which can be updated simultaneously.