Thread: 2 platform problems

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 platform problems

What's up?

So I've made this game where the player can jump and shoot at the enemies. Everything works well except that whenever I jump and my character is falling, the bullets go down instead of going left or right as they usually do. I've tried everything I can but the problems it's still there.

Also, I want to make a collision mask for my character. I've seen a few posts about this but I can't still make a functional mask.

Thanks in advance.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 2 platform problems

Are you using Clickteam's movements?

-Variant

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm using the platform movement and Shoot an object according to the action point of my player.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't use the Shoot An Object function, it can be very "strange". Use custom code to program the shot, example:
    Every 1 Second set OBJ X Position to OBJ X Position + 1.

-Variant

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply, Variant, but I can't still make it work.
    I'm not used to work with X Positions and calculations, so if you or anyone explain this process I would really appreciate it. But still thank you very much for trying to help me.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some may call it lazy, but i use the click team movements too, and i've run into and found a solution to the same problem.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some may call it lazy, but i use the clickteam movements too, and i've run into and found a solution to the same problem.

What I did was made a seperate active object ( we'll call The Director ) ontop of your character.

Make it so that The Director is always on your character's center preferably

Set up the events so that whenever your character faces left, ( anyhting other than up, down, or any right,) The Director will change direction to the left.

Same thing for the right side.

And when you use whatever button to shoot, shoot from the Director thats on top of your character, use the direction from The Director or if nessary, shoot from the action point on your character, and use a flag to wait to get the direction after being created on your character.

Anyways, this is just how i solved it sticking to the default clickteam movements, good luck to you, hopefully this helps

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IY5's strategy should work fine for your shooting problem.

If you want to make a collision "mask" for you character, just make him be a ball (or a diamond, or whatever shape you want your collision mask to be).

Then, create another object (I usually call it something like "PlayerDisplay"). This object actually looks like your player, and has all his animations and stuff.

Now make your player-ball invisible, and in the event editor say always->Set position of "PlayerDisplay" to "Player."

Does that make sense?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not meaning to be rude, and it's great that people have offered advice, but five years on, I'm surprised there isn't a fix for this in Fusion 2.5, or at least a bullet-point (no pun intended) tutorial of some kind. Seems a very convoluted way of doing something that should be quite simple? I can't be the only one struggling with grasping this, as most MMF2 platformers are jump-kill only, i.e. Sonic style. I'd love to be able to make a Metal Slug type game. Hope to see a demo of run 'n gun working sometime soon.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been working on an open-source platform shooter using the physics platform movement (which doesn't have this issue except for maybe on ladders), but I won't be able to release it until a bug with ladders and the physics platform movement (it's one bug that involves both of them) is fixed. In the mean time, I may be able to make a much simpler, shorter example that demonstrates how to solve the problem. Also, just so you know, the solution that was mentioned isn't actually very convoluted, and there is an alternate solution, which I think I'll use for the purpose of my example just to make absolutely sure it works 100% correctly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast