User Tag List

Thread: Question about the runtime agreement

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about the runtime agreement

I have read through the runtime agreement for MMF2 Dev several times, but there is something I am unsure of, so I was wondering if anyone could help me (namely a Clickteam official.)

An application that I am thinking of making is a "CD/DVD/USB Drive/etc autorun menu creator." By that I mean an application that builds or makes available autorun menus for CDs that can launch programs and the like. Now, obviously you can't build an .exe with an app created with MMF 2 Dev, so what I thought of doing is building a "template" application in MMF which would serve as the base for the menu. This application would then load pictures and other things that are used in the "template's" GUI from a section in an .ini file.

Basically, the program would then burn the template app and the .ini and required graphics to a specified drive or directory.

In a much more simpler sense, I am pretty much asking "Can someone else distribute an app that you have made in MMF2 Dev, if you give them permission to do so and they comply with the rule of "not taking the .exe apart?"

I'm pretty sure that this would not be allowed, but I thought that there would be no harm asking.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Question about the runtime agreement

If you wrote the app in a legal valid version of MMF2DEV I'm pretty sure click team doesn't care what you do with it.

Better wait for someone with a red name to confirm that tho :P

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, you can do it. No problem.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In MMF2 Developer, Provided you actually bought it or it was bought for you (as in a present), then you are almost without limitations on what you can with your finished product.

However MMF2 Standard and TGF2 have rules. TGF2 has a forced logo in the bottomright of the screen where it is difficult to notice and MMF2 Standard requires that you manually add the Official MMF2 Logo on the Credit Page, Opening or Ending Sequence of your game if it is commercial.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, so if you have a legal copy of MMF2 Standard, a legal copy of the upcoming Flash runtime and you make games and put them on non-profit sites such as Newgrounds there is no need for an MMF2 logo?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think you will need to add a Clickteam logo to your flash games that are free for people to play.

If the developer makes some money from ads or from the arcade site operators its not a big deal. Heck Mochi-ads is built in

I suppose if you sell a flash file as the end product you should try to honor the runtime agreement of the product.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's always nice to give CT some credit anyway, though. It's still a hell of a lot cheaper than Flash!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, thanks guys. And yes, I do have a legal version of MMF2 Dev, I wouldn't be posting this if I did not.