User Tag List

Thread: Making master server, but can't get ip adress?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making master server, but can't get ip adress?

Hi guys!

Well I'm making Online rpg and I want it to have dedicated server system. The problem is that I can't send the ip adress of the dedicated server, because only ip I can get is 127.0.0.1 (own cp). I use python server and I use one client as a dedicated server. Now basicly what I need is a way to get the real ip of the computer someway. It seems the Lacewing can't do it, so is there any other application that can get it or can the Lacewing be patched to have this feature?

Tried moogame, but it gave me also 127.0.0.1...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Making master server, but can't get ip adress?

You're most likely connecting to "localhost", right? If you connect to your external IP (ie. the IP you get from whatismyip.com) and do port forwarding on your router to the right machine, you'll be able to get your external IP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm mm... I took the ip and connected to it. Now when I ad it to the editbox, then connect, it doesn't connect. I'm not sure if I understood how to do. Can I get step-to-step or example, I'm not understanding this at all...

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No step by step tutorial can be made because it depends on your config. Since you are acessing your computer by external IP (and not it's own callback address), firewall and router could be the problem. Try disabling your firewall and see if that works. If not you must have made a mistake when you did your port forwarding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I tried with all my firewalls off. Well didn't work. I think I did explain the situation badly. Umm, now the situation is, that you are using one client to connect f.e. pylacewing server on your own computer. Now there is server online, which handles all the publig requests and plays the part of master server. Now there are these tutorials about making master server, but they are all using made in one server and using the channels as "sub-servers". But I need to players to connect into other server, so they need to request ip where to connect. Now the ip have to be send and you have to login into your own server as 127.0.0.1, but that ip can't be used. Now if I connect to my own ip, the app doesn't work, because then it always would connect to my own cp. The problem would be solved if I would have f.e. same command like in moogame, so you can request peer ip. Now with this, when the server logs into master server, we could get the ip and master server system would work.

Well then why not to do with moogame? Well moo is outdated, so I think it would be nice to lacewing have this feature. Now this can be done with pylacewing, but i'm not so good at python yet to really do that, so I want to do it with mmf2.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but i think you have two problems (tell me if I'm wrong) :

1-You can't get the ip of a client from your server (even if it's a server and master server, their relationship is still client/server).
    I'm not on my computer right now, but you can definitely get this in pylacewing (transport.getPeer().host).

2-You must have a router with bad port forwarding if you can't connect to your server via your external ip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corentin
    I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but i think you have two problems (tell me if I'm wrong) :

1-You can't get the ip of a client from your server (even if it's a server and master server, their relationship is still client/server).
    I'm not on my computer right now, but you can definitely get this in pylacewing (transport.getPeer().host).
    Quote Originally Posted by Neomonkey
    Now this can be done with pylacewing, but i'm not so good at python yet to really do that, so I want to do it with mmf2.
    The problem is that I'm at the moment designing it like this.

1. I make a simple pylacewing server.
    2. I make master server application with mmf2 on my computer.
    3. I open the pylacewing server and master server on my computer.
    4. Every one connects their dedicated servers as a peer into my master server.
    (Dedicated server = pylacewing server and one mmf2 application as tracker)
    5. Client connects in publig connect room to my master server as a peer also and request server list (other channel peers).
    6. They click connect and now tadaa it goes to the game lobby, but to do this it needs to get the dedicated servers ip to disconnect master server and connect to the dedicated server.
    7. Now they can add into the game.

At so far I know that python is capaple to do this, but now it would be nice to have the feature of GetPeerIP$ or something .

Quote Originally Posted by Corentin
    2-You must have a router with bad port forwarding if you can't connect to your server via your external ip
    Hmm. This is a problem in lots of cases, but I dun know how to fix it. But I'll google it when it is really so harmful

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've uploaded a complete example here on how to make master servers. I'll add it to the next release of pylacewing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, totally newbie feeling here, it can't find the lacewing.server... It has occured to someone in pylacewing forum, but I can't understand hpw to do this.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to put the "lacewing" package into the same directory. You should probably copy the lacewing package into your site-packages directory which resides in Python26\Lib\

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoMonkey
    At so far I know that python is capaple to do this, but now it would be nice to have the feature of GetPeerIP$ or something .
    Adding that feature to the Lacewing protocol would make it insecure, as all clients would be able to see the other peers' IPs. If you want this feature, you need to code it into your server yourself (using transport.getPeer().host)