User Tag List

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenGL collection

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: MilkShape 3D model extension

Ahh that now makes sence. Ok.

and thanks for 3D editor comment

Will have to do a better video and show all features, which currently are.

Full Geometry transformations, so moving, scaling and rotating, real-time by the mouse in 3D.

Built in prims: Box, Sphere, Wedge (easy to add more via the user in a LUA script)

Full lighting control, with unlimited lights (but the nearest 7 are lit) lights: Spot, point and directional.

Full saving and loading options and then with my Sceneloader lua script, you can include in your scripts and then simply loadscene("scene") command loads it, and then within draw loop "Updatescene(scene) draws it "

Fog control, sun control, built in skybox.

And other things such as holding shift does uniform scaling.

Simple texture mapping.

Ill do a vid somtime, will be easier!

Andy

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a known problem with glTexSubImage in LuaGL. The original LuaGL author made a lot of errors and dubious design decisions. I haven't had time to fix it yet.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Gibbon -

Yeah i know what you mean, it would be hard to preview certain things with a editor like that. For certain types of games it would be fine i think though but for more complex games you would definitely need a 3d editor as you say.

Your 3D editor looks very cool, this type of thing is something i want to make at some point also.

@Min -

I just mean for new users that would be the simplest way for them to create as there is a visual feedback on what to expect in the game. From a developers point though it would be no easy task though. I know there is other objects for the collection to be made still though so that is more of a opinion which i think would make things super simple rather than a request however if you/others want to do something like that at some point it would be great.

If you ever wanted to do something like that maybe you could make a editor in MMF saving time then make it export to some custom format that is loadable with a new openGL collection object. That could be interesting and would also mean the editor could be easier to update and if you made it open mfa example also the users could build new features or make a custom version etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Min
    That example you are talking about, it should be doable using the camera and MS3D extensions and active objects.
    Cool, when i was trying to start something like this the other day it would simply not show the 2d objects so i was finding it hard to make tests and gave up. When i did it though i loaded a 3d example (MS3D one) first though so if it cannot display them i should maybe do it the other way around with the 2d part first then link the alterables etc. If you make one for this though a example would be very useful.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Retriever2
    There is a known problem with glTexSubImage in LuaGL. The original LuaGL author made a lot of errors and dubious design decisions. I haven't had time to fix it yet.
    wish you all the best at that since I can't wait for it to be accessible :grin:

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Looki
    gl.ColorMask doesn't seem to work either. I've tried the same code in Python and it worked fine! Whenever I call gl.ColorMask, nothing renders. it's like all parameters are interpreted as 0/false.

EDIT: Ugh.. sorry, I forgot this is not a LuaGL thread. :blush:
    I've put up a thread for collecting all the LuaGL problems: http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=186425&#Post186 425

I may have to do another round of transformative changes to that extension, but it'll be easier if all the problems (complete with examples) are collected into a common place.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: question regarding texturing an opengl window

Say that using the python object we are able to store a video or webcam feed in a slot as a texture, could this be used/called in/from an opengl window?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, yes. I don't see why not.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you mean in regards to the collection i think the main texture object needs to load in the texture from the main editor so you might need to use the external images object although im not sure on the allowed formats as i don't seem to have the help docs for these.

I think openGL allows video playback though so you could probably do it through the base object some how. There is also OpenGL for python -

http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net

but i have not had the time yet to test but i am not sure if it would work because it would need to be shown in the MMF frame. Im not sure on what the openGL base supports either, i know it works with Lua and .net but wonder if it was made just for those as it need the .dll for each but hopefully python commands can work also. If it's possible a simple python example would be useful i think so hopefully one will be made at some point as python seems to be very powerful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In relation to the ms3d extension, would it be possible to have individual mode, shading and culling settings?

It'd be extremely useful as I have one model I would want to be fully visible at all times (no shading) and others I'd want shading to be applied to. Ofcourse I could make a new object for each model but that'd be terribly unorganised with the number of models I have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also Animation loopcount is broken (it always loops infinitely)

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast