OpenGL collection

Download

Includes the latest ( beta ) versions of:
    - OpenGL Base
    - OpenGL Camera
    - OpenGL Clear Control
    - OpenGL Lighting ( Advanced )
    - OpenGL Texture Bank

Added v-sync option for the Base object ( breaking compatibility with previous builds, hopefully for the last time. )
    Added Get width and Get height expressions for the Texture Bank object.
    The rest of the objects are all new. I have plans for an alternative, less intimidating ( but somewhat less flexible ) version of the Lighting object, hence the "Advanced" part.

Since there are no examples for the new objects yet, I thought I'd explain a couple of things...
    During runtime you can change the properties of the Camera and Lighting objects at any time, but the changes won't affect other OpenGL objects until you call the Apply actions. The Apply actions should only be used in a Base: On redraw event, the order of the actions in that event should be:
    Code:
    On redraw
    - Clear color and depth buffers
    - Apply camera
    - Apply lights
    - Draw stuff...
    I'm working on an example that uses all of the objects.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: OpenGL collection

Great. Quite busy right now so my feedback is a little short.

Quote Originally Posted by Min
    Added v-sync option for the Base object ( breaking compatibility with previous builds, hopefully for the last time. )
    You are aware of UpdateEditStructure in General.cpp, right?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly don't get the function of Camera object since you can do it in xlua and opengl through translations and rotations.

The lightning object has me excited though! I've always wanted to get features like bump-mapping and this is a small step in that direction :P

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honestly don't get the function of the Lighting object since you can do it in xlua and opengl through a few gl calls.

The Camera object is nice, and I think that Min wants to make the use of the extensions easier, as in not using xlua and low-level OpenGL commands.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice this is great, thanks for the objects i will be testing them soon and looking forward to the example on the way also.

One thing i liked in Looki's OpenGL object was that you could make the background transparent. This allowed you to have a 3d object/scene over a 2d background like how earlier final fantasy games worked (7, 8 and 9) for example. Im not sure if this is possible/how to do this at the moment but i remember Looki's version had to do it via the objects properties menus with certain options set.

If this is not currently possible it would be a great feature to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Looki
    Honestly don't get the function of the Lighting object since you can do it in xlua and opengl through a few gl calls.

The Camera object is nice, and I think that Min wants to make the use of the extensions easier, as in not using xlua and low-level OpenGL commands.
    I think it's because they are easier to add to later when split into multiple objects. So it might get updated with extra stuff which would be harder to do. I like this modular elements idea myself and it allows for some objects to have editor features like in the texture bank and you can also use just the parts that you need etc.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not my point, my point is you can already do it completely outside MMF2 through xlua and opengl functions, and I don't see a use for an object that does the exact same thing.
    I guess its to make it easier for newcomers, but having to use opengl commands in xlua already defeats that purpose in the first place.

edit: though I see no reason to complain about more features keep up the work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah i see, well my guess is it will get more complex later just like the texture object did. I see there is no editor right now with this one but maybe it would get some sort of editing stuff. It's still beta so it could change a lot and get features later on maybe with stuff like Ambient occlusion and HDR possibly as they are light/shading based features.

--

Quick idea -

I like the 0-7 ideas, might be nice to have like a array so you could have more than that and a way to save and load external presets as text based files. This would be good for games with data/content folders etc to save space in the main exe, this would be great with the texture bank also.

Possible bug (still have not tested fully but looks like one) -

When you Enable Light... i notice it does not let you set a number but just the color which im guessing is 0 maybe but at the top i see 0-7 so was expecting to enter a light number. With Ambient, diffuse, specular though it has numbers to set.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the 'XLua - Textured cube' Example I get black flickers across the screen and is the only example I get this, perhaps it's an old example and not compatible.

However the new stuff seems good, keep it up!

I have always been desperate for a Camera Object, I seem to fail a lot due to event ordering errors but a Camera Object would make me less error prone.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBowser
    That's not my point, my point is you can already do it completely outside MMF2 through xlua and opengl functions, and I don't see a use for an object that does the exact same thing.
    I guess its to make it easier for newcomers, but having to use opengl commands in xlua already defeats that purpose in the first place.

edit: though I see no reason to complain about more features keep up the work!
    My intuition is that eventually Min will create a set of objects that negates the need of XLua or .net entirely. I also assume that it's just easier to use XLua to glue this stuff together while the different components are being developed, and then he'll get a better idea what an actual "glue object" should end up being like.

And for the record, there is nothing being added that you can't already do with a composition of opengl calls, so I really don't understand the argument. I know there is a population of Click users who will never be willing to mess with the XLua object, so there's nothing wrong with some alternatives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just noticed DotNet examples give me the black screen again, the plasma triangles thing i made is glitching again also.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast